caad3

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Ok, I thought I would throw this out there, because I sometimes feel that this hobby is a serious addiction. I'm sure others feel the same way, but my wife is starting to get seriously pissed at me lately and I wanted to get confirmation.

Help

JLAudio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I think you made a big step today in recognizing you have a problem...LOL. Just messing around.

1) I think a clear logical budget is a good start to avoid getting into spending problems, a certain amount that you can save up and purchase somethingbut not to exceed.
2) Avoid latenight internet browsing, or like me you'll realize in a drunken night you bought 2 protein skimmers and a bunch of Koralia's
3) Try you hardest to find contentment. This is the hardest part, but we must find a way to appreciate our accomplishments/ livestock/equipment and stop the whole "just one more frag" mentality.

I can honestly say I found contentment with my reef and feel its almost maxed out as far as equipment and livestock just a cpl little things as I see them but rarely visit a fishstore and completely appreciate my tank and tend to it everyday.

So instead of just enjoying it as it is, Im starting a new terrarium setup LORD HELP ME

ocholoco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99%
96   1   0
addiction

I got married on april, I'm alredy about to get divorce. It's a bad addiction, she is asking me to go back to the x box addiction. I think she hates my fishes, corals, she wont even put salt in the food because it reminds her of the sea.

caad3

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I got married on april, I'm alredy about to get divorce. It's a bad addiction, she is asking me to go back to the x box addiction. I think she hates my fishes, corals, she wont even put salt in the food because it reminds her of the sea.

Lol.. I had a fight the other night with the Ms.. and the first thing that came out of her mouth was.... can you guess? "The fish tank has to go" She went straight for the jugular vein.... Lucky level headed minds prevailed on this one.

Last edited:

mray

?
Rating - 99%
96   1   0
Usually, the wife/girlfriend wins.

I agree with JLAudio, stick to your budget but make it a reasonable one. With that in mind, the cheap man pays twice.

JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Do all your maintance work while she sleeps..this is what i do? Water changes and Media Changes at 1:00 a.m.....She will notice you on the tank less. Just feed and clean glass during the day

Last edited:

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Ok, I thought I would throw this out there, because I sometimes feel that this hobby is a serious addiction. I'm sure others feel the same way, but my wife is starting to get seriously pissed at me lately and I wanted to get confirmation.

Help
do ya think.....?:shhh:
That brings up the ultimatum many reefers fear.:shhh:

"Its either me or the tank"
thats easy...
my wife would never do that though
she enjoys the tank as much as I do as long as I dont ask her to clean the skimmer cup

Last edited:

Dj Orion

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Addicted.jpg

eric

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try hanging out at the bar and coming home at 4am on a regular basis. Suddenly fishtanks won't seem like such a bad hobby.

bklynreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
When I got married my wife had 2 requests.
Get rid of the girlfriends and no more motorcycles.
Had she said " No reef Tank" I wouldnt have got married
At least i still have my "81" Corvette:smokin:
She even let me keep my toucan when I got married
Oh I forgot, She made me give my pitbull to my older brother

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=7906

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: