ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
I have a bar in Queens and at least once a week someone is ripping off someones purse or jacket.......this world is f------- up...... Im waiting for the police to sell off the perps tank at a police auction......lol....:splitspin

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I'm famous!!!!!! So far I have been told i was quoted in a chicago newspaper and the LA times because of this. Yes, I work at Total now and I wasn't there the day he stole the shark (thankfully) but I did talk to him for almost an hour the night before. We spoke at length about how he recognized me from another store and how amazing that shark would look in his 260gal tank. I've seen him a lot in stores over the years and so has everyone else at Parrots. Anyway, he came back the next day and spent another 45 mins talking to employees before he grabbed the shark when everyone was occupied and walked out with it in his jacket. Even on the video we have nothing looked out of the ordinary other than how he was holding his jacket when he walked out. We all assumed he had a bucket in the car but in his infinite genius he admitted to just driving home with it.... The funniest part was when the guy from channel 11 called us "pet detectives" I lost it but was off camera. Too funny.

Also, that guy from the post totally misquoted me and made it sound like I was there and watched him walk out.

Last edited:

zenfish

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen birds stolen, tridacna clams, asfur angel.... snakes and chameleons... just to name a few. A blue tongue skink comes to mind... people steal stuff at pet stores, it's sad reality

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Not that it matters but it was only $300. Every paper and report made it $350 for some reason. Maybe $350 is some magic "OMG I can't believe it!" number they came up with lol, we've just been wondering where it got screwed up in the "telephone" order.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I'm famous!!!!!! So far I have been told i was quoted in a chicago newspaper and the LA times because of this. Yes, I work at Total now and I wasn't there the day he stole the shark (thankfully) but I did talk to him for almost an hour the night before. We spoke at length about how he recognized me from another store and how amazing that shark would look in his 260gal tank. I've seen him a lot in stores over the years and so has everyone else at Parrots. Anyway, he came back the next day and spent another 45 mins talking to employees before he grabbed the shark when everyone was occupied and walked out with it in his jacket. Even on the video we have nothing looked out of the ordinary other than how he was holding his jacket when he walked out. We all assumed he had a bucket in the car but in his infinite genius he admitted to just driving home with it.... The funniest part was when the guy from channel 11 called us "pet detectives" I lost it but was off camera. Too funny.

Also, that guy from the post totally misquoted me and made it sound like I was there and watched him walk out.

You're famous? You forgot about us? Where the heck have you been? Welcome back :) Glad they caught the jack@$$.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Loooong story but I left ADN due to conflicting business practices. I didn't want to stand by and be associated with it any longer. Took awhile to get settled again but I'll be around more. I did leave my 120 behind with all the cool stuff in it because I just walked out and it was quickly emptied of corals so I'm told. I'll eventually get another tank but I'm also into dart frogs now though :shhh:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: