Status
Not open for further replies.

DrCooper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I think that idea of the swap is great! I really look forward to them. I have been to the past 2 swaps and the first one (my first ever) was insane. I went nuts, hahah i bought so much amazing things. Without a doubt the best part is meeting members. This time I was lucky enough to meet a ton of people.
The room wasnt that hot for me, but i like heat. The only real downer for me about the swap was (as i posted in the wahhhh forum) how some members just seemed to only care about moving themselves in the front of the tanks and just staying put, not letting anyone else in and get to check out the goods.
Cherry Corals was the vendor I was most excited for since I only get to see their goods online and was hoping to get a few pieces, but I went two times and couldnt get in (i even tried to be aggressive hahaha). Finally the 3rd time i got in.
Not much we can do about that, just try and have more courtesy for each other.
As for the cleanup, I apologize as I left early but to think people dont keep the place clean during the day is just insane, Trash goes in the garbage people.

All the vendors couldn't be nicer, I would of stayed all day and just talked with everyone but my bag was getting heavy and had to leave!

I thought the space was good, but (please do not kill me for saying this) i thought the coral selection was better at the last swap vs. this one). I may only think that because that was the first one and i was newer, just my opinion. Again, dont kill me guys!
I had a good time anyways as its great to meet everyone! Hey, bunch of members also really hooked me up with some stuff so thanks to every single person i dealt with!

inkblue

Rice Planter
Rating - 98.6%
145   2   0
a SWAP is, of course, for swap too-just more organised, there is no mentioning of not allowing to swap.

In fact, I don't even mind to ban all vendors(that includes me) to sell too and just swap. But to have both types of entities in the same place, we need a way to compromise. When both entities are buying wholesale and trading in cash, that's legally a sale-just licensed or not, reporting to IRS as income or not, sleeky or up front.

Even though I know you are not one of them but many swappers are not just swapping.

May be the title of future events can change to SWAP and SALE and may be hold two types of events one for SWAP and one for SALE

HuH ??? :confused:

you too funnY winGo :hug: i don't understand waT u saYing but u make me lauGh !

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
ok whatever... your DIY leds still rocks! but is the one u got from ebay for demo still for sale?:lol2:

The ebay ones are from a member who traded them to me for comparison demos in show(that means I am warned that they are starting to break or becoming bad.) I would not sell you for their advertised prices. Offer me higher, I will consider. :tongue1:

Last edited:

seldin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
As a first time attendee to the swap. I really enjoyed it and had a terrific time. I loved seeing the vendors and wish there were more of them.

I would agree that it would be nice to have a seperate area for non vendors to buy / sell / trade. It seemed that if you were not a vendor, that some of this took place in the central arena where all of the chairs were. That made it very crowded.

Do wish prices from vendors were a bit better. However, there were bargains to be had. I saw a lot of higher priced corals, and they were great to look at.

The vendors were all very friendly. I enjoyed that. They seemed to go out of their way, to answer questions, be helpful and etc.

Also, enjoyed the speakers. They were fun to listen to and I learned a lot.

All in all, had a great time.

I was suprised by the ample parking. That even made it better.

I totally want to thank all of the volunteers. You guys did an amazing job and the Prat tanks looked really cool.

Again, thank you to all of the volunteers, vendors and speakers. You made it a great event !!!

asianer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Personally, I thought the swap was a huge success and as an attendee for the last 3, I see it becoming more efficient and the hobby is obviously becoming more popular as I'm not totally sure that the last 2 swaps sold out. I thought the vendor selection has been, and continues to be amazing...AND you save on tax AND on shipping AND you get to see firsthand what you're buying. I think that people should definitely be more considerate and at a minimum dispose of your own garbage. The food supply was ample and tasty and was replenished when depleted and the wait was about half compared to the previous swap.
I really enjoy the demonstrations and speakers and wouldn't mind seeing more everyday demo's such as plumbing, tank set-up, sump-making, photography, etc.
I don't think having a separate section for member swapping to be a bad idea - it would clear up floor traffic and allow easier accessibility to vendors.
That being said, I really look forward to these swaps and love to see it growing.

MO~IDOL

I Work Hard For Color!
Vendor
Rating - 100%
643   0   0
why not

that's why i am so poor.

really? you dont have to tell the true yo!...lol

it seems like you forgot swap is a gathering for members not for Vendors to sale only! vendors have their whole stores where people can shop from and i love winnuts garage shop. dont get me wrong i like vendors being there too. perhaps you should set up a special winnut garage vendors swap one day...:tongue1::tongue1::tongue1:

JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
i agree with Drew....other demonstrations would be cool to have especially for the noobs and vets alike....

For example how bout asking:

Custom King showing us how to make a simple sump?

House of Fish on some plumbing techniques?

Or an experienced member on how to raise fry or phytoplankton? Achem Dom...:)

Just throwing some ideas out there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: