chrisl1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Barnacle buddy, how's about doing a small get together at your shop anyway, it seems like there are enough people that want to meet on this side of the river???? I don't mean to step on anyone here, I just thought it was worth posting since there was interest to stay on the Jersey side.

Chris

[ October 27, 2004, 12:06 AM: Message edited by: chrisl1 ]

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
I agree, so here is hows the ones we have done in the past worked -

People who are interested in participating and have frags to sell, offer to donate one or two frags to the MR.com site and auction them off to the highest bidder - that money gets donated to the website for maintenance etc.

Last frag swap/auction, we raised a little over $200 cash - that went to upgrade the hardware that runs this site.

We also used some of the auction money to buy food for the event - we offered last time, but JWS Wasabi was nice enough to pick up the bill for a few pizzas and soda.

This time around, in downtown, we will buy a few appetizers for the crew etc-

Since BB is taking the lead here, how do you plan to run the one in Jersey? You certainly don't have to run it like we have in the past, but it is nice to give back to the site that provides you with a weatlh of info and resources to cheap frags and stuff.

Also, the people who donate frags get thier name on the donations list on the homepage as if they donated the cash themselves - but someone has to keep track of that so the site admins can update the list of donors. That's a nicety.

My .02 - hope that helps,

House

Barnacle_Blenny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
So far I've got some pm's of people that want to have it. So by popular demand I will hold one on the 6th. We'll use this thread to keep track of those attending.

So far:
Michael Chu
Chrisl1
Dragonwrasse
SJfishguy( needs a ride from hoboken)
Hitsnorth

Let me know if you would like to be included
THX

[ October 29, 2004, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: Barnacle_Blenny ]

Barnacle_Blenny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
House: I'll donate some ricordia to raffle off as a gesture of good faith to the board

I

imported_June

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
but of courseeeee my barnacle buddy.....the more the merrier corals for yours truly ;0)...lol

chrisl1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok Im in for the 6th My sister in law popped out the kid so there should be no issues gettin to BB' store.
I'm going to be bringing a pc of hydnophora about 3"
2 nice sized GSP
Some Purple shrooms mounted and unmounted
2 rhodactis shrooms 1 small just fragged and 1 large at least a 7" polyp
I'll see what else I can scrounge up between now and then.
I also have 4'square pin PC bulbs if anyone is interestd, I will bring them as well 2 actinic 03 2 Smartlamps 2 50/50 actinic 03/daylight. Let me know.
If anyone going wants some colt coral frags let me know, I'll make some clippings, but I suck at mounting them so, dont ask lol.

Chris

[ October 30, 2004, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: chrisl1 ]

I

imported_June

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok ok guys....im guessing its a definite then, bring your coral frags....i'll bring the cash..lol....whos picking me up?...lol

dragonwrasse

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'll give it a shot at giving directions. Please try to confirm from other sources also.

Take NJ transit bus #159 from gate 200 at Port Authority. From an old schedule I have, the bus runs once every 20 minutes or so on Saturday, and will take about 45 minutes. The bus will eventually end up on Anderson Avenue. I believe you have to get off at the corner of Edgewater Road and Anderson Avenue, and you should ask to driver to let you know when the bus gets there.

Alternatively, you can take the West 38 Street Ferry to Port Imperial, and have one of us NJ folks (won't be Dubya :D ) pick you up. If people want to go this route, please try to go together and secure one of our numbers before Saturday.

I highly recommend carpooling if at all possible. Public transportation is less convenient and predictable on weekends.

[ November 04, 2004, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: dragonwrasse ]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: