mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi. didn't know where to put this, so i put it here. just wanted to say hello to everyone, like the welcome suggests.

i'm from pa, but i hear alot of good things about manhattan reefs. i'm just 5 years young in the reefkeeping hobby, and have a few tanks at the moment.
the display is a 195, built by glass cages, with a starfire front and drilled for a closed loop.
the loop is powered by a reeflo barracuda, which runs through an oceans motions 4 way.
the lighting is 3 SLS ballasts (gallaxy 250 watters on the outside and a magnetic 400 in the middle), and 3 lumenarc mini reflectors.
lamps are various.

the skimmer is a MSX 300.

i also utilized a perfecto 125 as a sump with refugium, and i have a few frag/prop tanks plumbed in.

my stocklist varies. my display was generally sps dominated, but the frag/prop tanks are now filled with mostly lps. my love is for lps.
australian lps is what i've had a taste for lately.

here are a few pics. soem are recent, some are older...
fts3-4-09.jpg

right.jpg
middle.jpg

left.jpg

purpleacro.jpg

back of tank-
tankroom-1.jpg

early pic of front of display-
tankdoor2.jpg

i'm currently selling the 195 and will be replacing it with a 6' x 6' square tank that is 21" tall, with a single overflow, dead center.
that is down the road some. meanwhile, i'll be keeping the breeder tanks running along with the sump.:bablefish

mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Doug, its good to see your on MR. How did the gym build go?
thanks everyone.
the gym build went well, except for the fact that no one does anything for the tank but me. i have to top it off and feed the fish if i want them to live.
if i had it over to do again, i would have kept my mouth shut and left it alone. now i have all those fish and corals to worry about. :irked:

i've added alot of easy stuff like gsp, zoas, and xenia, so it's not hard to keep them going.

Pareef

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank. nice to see some more reefers from pa. I'm a level 5 lurker here myself sometimes feel out of place but its a great site lots of knowledge here

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: