Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0

Summer reading usually means beach reading and despite the less than ideal weather for some of you perhaps it still does. We've put together a Summer issue for you that covers a lot of ground from the philosophical to the practical. Our feature comes from Chris Jury who poses a very critical question : "What exactly is a coral ? Simon Garratt returns with some tips for maintaining Lionfish in reef systems. Did you enter the hobby at a young age? 17 year old Julian Di Iorio tells us what the hobby means to him and Dom Cirigliano offers his insights into Seahorse husbandry. We get personal in Part 2 of our interview with the inimitable Terry Siegel and my "Did I Say That" offering recounts my experiences battling the loss of electricity during a prolonged blackout.

Whichever way your Summer fortunes break, we hope you enjoy this issue of Reefs Magazine. As always your comments are most welcome.

Happy Reefing,

Randy

Last edited by a moderator:

Manhattan Aquariums

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 95.7%
90   4   0
Great issue! This picture makes me want to set up a reef again at home... :)

bad%20choice%20cardinals.jpg

Simon Garratt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are commonly called red spot cardinals. Apogon parvulus

That photo was taken at David Saxby's a short while back and i have to say, the tank was looking stunning, and those guys just set it off but you need a good number to limit interspecies agression within the group, so numbers between 10-20 are advisable..preferably more from what i can tell.

Cracking job on the layout again guys.

Kind regards to all.

Simon.

Last edited:

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
great job everyone involved!

"Many people will say, 'I came for the fish and stayed for the coral,' but I would say, 'I came for the salt and stayed for the friendships.'"
- quote from Fish Tales : Tales from a Junior Reefer by Julian Di Iorio

I second that.

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
It has been a while since the last issue but I thing I'm hooked,,lol.. Haven't missed a issue yet..
Yeah, and I'm going to need to know how big those cardinal's get.. I need 23 more small species to fill the system..

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Great job guys!!! Thank you very much for all your hard work folks, and more so for the great information.

Randy, I remember that black out, and was right there with you with the measuring cup and bowls over my 3 tanks as well. Alot of my friends, and lfs had a great deal of losses.:sad2: I don't recall loosing anything either although I gave up come night fall. We slept in our backyard with our 2 rotties keeping us safe.;)
I certainly hope we never have a repeat of that summer.:Yikes:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: