Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Some how must have double dosed the 2-part of the same part.
PH swing to 6 something.

lost 2 3 SPS colonies and 4 of 5 frags
just caught the problem but cannot spend too much time to fix it as I must go for a meeting now. Hope by the time I come the temp fix is working.

Last edited:

grknyer

Official Lurker
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Sorry Wingo!! Hope everything works out for you. I've been gone for a few weeks and when I singed on today all I see is threads about tank crashes :(

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
pH is brought back to normal but drain to the sump is still under fine tunning and thus the tank is out of a skimmer and live rocks. That means it is still not very stable.

Report Card
1 acro colony will completely gone even though I broke off many 3/4 to 1" frags.
1 monti is all shrinked up and color changed.
1 smaller acro mini colony is not looking good.
1 SPS frag RTN to the tip
2 small colonies of acan are TNing and looks like will be gone.
2 to 4 frags disappeared
1 SPS start to TN

Well as long as the problem does not continue, it's not too bad. As these set back means less than 3 4 percent of the total population in the tank. Good that I found out this monring. Good most of the the ones that are dead or dying may already have a frag some where in the tank.

Last edited:
Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
sorry to hear how and what do u dose? do u have a PH monitor or test kit?

I dose 2 part, but, in the middle of a very tired night. I must have dosed the same part twice.

I have a pH test kit but not a monitor so it would not beep to wake me up.

I will be getting one this week as I also need the controller's other functions to drive my LEDs.

MO~IDOL

I Work Hard For Color!
Vendor
Rating - 100%
643   0   0
I dose 2 part, but, in the middle of a very tired night. I must have dosed the same part twice.

I have a pH test kit but not a monitor so it would not beep to wake me up.

I will be getting one this week as I also need the controller's other functions to drive my LEDs.

PH monitor dont beep...lol
whats the other pars alk cal and mag?

lazibonez

Senior Newbie
Rating - 100%
379   0   0
Wingo, I think u need to take reefing 101 again. Seems like u are still in the primitive stage. Saltwater, a powerhead doesnt cut it anymore when u are trying to keep sps. Its not for newbies, sorry to say. Do you even use rodi water? I remember your live rock tank uses tap water, is that also act as a sump for all your tanks?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: