Rating - 100%
35   0   0
chairman_meow_blink.gif

ALL HAIL CHAIRMAN MEOW!!

michael stern

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.1%
112   1   0
This is about SPAM, not your own personal problem with someone, stop taking the discussion off course.

It is near impossible to read PMs. As an FYI, the system has no built in method to read them, so the only way to do it is to go straight into the database and look at the data in raw format. I won't say that we never do it, there are times when people are doing things that may be illegal and we have no problem looking at PMs to verify that. If you spam someone, the system figures it out automatically and makes it pretty easy to determine who was doing it.

Wow, what a truly frightening statement.
I would hope you would have VERY strong evidence of ILLIGAL activity before you would read peoples PMs. That's a staggering violation of the communitie's trust in you. I would hope that step would not be taken lightly. IMHO.

gcfishreef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I would hope you would have VERY strong evidence of ILLIGAL activity before you would read peoples PMs. That's a staggering violation of the communitie's trust in you. I would hope that step would not be taken lightly. IMHO.

Maybe im lost..BUT WHAT IS THE REAL DEAL WITH SPAM.....:splitspin

If its a privite message its a privite message ,dosnt that mean PRIVITE :duh:

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
A private message is only private until one of the recipients shares it with another person. You would be surprised how frequently this happens. Enough with the conspiracy theories, the world does not revolve around you, it revolves around all of us collectively.

michael stern

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.1%
112   1   0
Brendan,

This has nothing to do with me (as far as I know).
Josh made a public statement that they can, and sometimes do, read peoples PMs.
I was just commenting on that.
There's no conspiracy, or theory, here.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
i get enough spam in regular email dont need it here also, i myself havent ever recieved any. i do believe there is a time and place for admin to go through a account if there is several complaints on a particular person, in doing this though i feel the person should be warn of what is going on. there is personal stuff said at times in pm's i feel it isnt anyone's business to read but those it was sent too. easy way to solve some of it is to take little stuff from other site's NJ you cant pm people till you have x amount of post.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I would hope you would have VERY strong evidence of ILLIGAL activity before you would read peoples PMs.

If you think I have time to dig around in a database of private conversations about when and where to meet to exchange frags, you are mistaken. It is a pain in the ass honestly and we only do it when someone is very clearly trying to take advantage of the openness of the site. In 9 years I can count the number of times we had to do it on one hand.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: