Lushpan

Very Senior Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Ok, I've been changing the water for two weeks (50% and then 20% every other day), removed most of crushed corals. Now nitrates are down from 150 to about 5ppm using my test. Salifert Tests are coming in couple days. Corals look much better now, brighter colors. The acropora that I fraged finally becomes green (instead of brown). I think it's good for two weeks? Now I have to get rid of xenia, it's taking over my tank.

N

nycoralguy

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
it appears you don't have any tangs in your tank, why not put some caulerpa in it? for now you can goto a LFS and buy Kent nitrigeon sponge, that removes nitrate quickly, if your not using r.o water, distilled or aged, don't do too much w/c.

Lushpan

Very Senior Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
it appears you don't have any tangs in your tank, why not put some caulerpa in it? for now you can goto a LFS and buy Kent nitrigeon sponge, that removes nitrate quickly, if your not using r.o water, distilled or aged, don't do too much w/c.

I have yellow tang and blue hippo tang, using rodi water. Thank you, I'll look for the sponge, but no caulepra for me, I've had it before and it was so hard to get rid of it.

Last edited:

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I have yellow tang and blue hippo tang, using rodi water. Thank you, I'll look for the sponge, but no caulepra for me, I've had it before and it was so hard to get rid of it.
Research all equipment ,chemicals, livestock whatever before you buy or add to your tank.Some advice are not reputable.

ari5736

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Your substrate looks dirty and is probably the source of your no3 and phos problems. I would take it all out. Some people are saying to take it out slowly but I think the sooner you can get it out the better. My thinking is that your rocks have plenty of bacteria, and that crushed coral is only hurting you. I am not saying it should be in 1 shot but once it is out your system will be alot better.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: