Status
Not open for further replies.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
I'll all ways like to go, but not feel like paying for my guest. It will be nice for $25 cover per couple.

It would be great to be able to permit one guest per paid reefer. The problem is that there is only a limited amount of space. With a limited amount of space comes a very strict limit to the number of attendees allowed as per fire code/safety. What started happening a couple of years ago was that the reefers guests were filling the available slots that other reefers wanted to fill. This excluded many reefers from attending to allow the 'uninterested' guests to attend. Due to the exclusion of so many excited members, the MR board made a very tough decision to start charging everyone who attends. Granted, this decision is now excluding some people because they don't want to pay for their 'uninterested' guest. However, it permits more 'interested' guests. :scratchch

Hope to see you at the swap,
Russ

GreshamH

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We should have a poll to see if members think it will be a blizzard, noreaster, monsoon, heat wave, etc. :catsmiley

If I come it'll be one of them. Thus far no heat wave while I've been at the swaps :)
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

meherbas

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
new to MR

hey i just recently signed up on MR and came across the this forum for the up coming frag swap. and i just got a couple questions :
will there only be swapping of frags or will there be ppl "selling" frags?
if i want to bring some frags in do i just bring them in bags or do i have to set up like a mini show tank ?:link:

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
hey i just recently signed up on MR and came across the this forum for the up coming frag swap. and i just got a couple questions :
will there only be swapping of frags or will there be ppl "selling" frags?
if i want to bring some frags in do i just bring them in bags or do i have to set up like a mini show tank ?:link:

Welcome to MR.
This frag swap will be like the proverbial kid in a candy store mentality. There are people running around with coolers selling/trading and giving away frags to friends.
There are vendors setup with booths and hundreds of gallons of tanks with coral and inverts. One or two vendors even have fish for sale.
Drygoods and equipment is for sale for those of you who need that elusive piece of equipment.
The culmination of group buys takes place where all the GB members dole out their purchases from the group buy.

There is an auction for coral.
Raffles for equipment, dry goods and livestock.

Lunch is served for free.

People actually stop to talk and schmooze.

A great time will be had by all.
Girls will come up to you (mostly me) and give me hugs :sgrin:

Russ's rendition of the swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: