Status
Not open for further replies.

DHaut

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I'm interested in attending this year - what has been the experience around costs of frags? How much are they discounted from in-store or online costs, if any? Also, does anyone know if a vendor will have the new Tropic Marin Bio Actif salt mix for sale at the swap? Is there a place I could look to get a feel for what inverts/fish will be for sale?

Thanks!

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
I'm interested in attending this year - what has been the experience around costs of frags? How much are they discounted from in-store or online costs, if any? Also, does anyone know if a vendor will have the new Tropic Marin Bio Actif salt mix for sale at the swap? Is there a place I could look to get a feel for what inverts/fish will be for sale?

Thanks!

Frags run the full gamut from free to expensive depending on what it is and where you get it from. In general, prices are better than in a shop or on-line. Towards the end of the event vendors tend to run specials on things so they don't have carry them home, and many will offer show special pricing on things throughout the event. Members also sell a lot of frags as well and again some give them away, some charge a little, some charge a lot. There will literally be a few thousand frags in the room so there is def. something for everybody. Some of the best deals can be had from the MR frag table where we re-sell or auction/raffle donated pieces to benefit the community.

As the event draws closer, you will see members and vendors posting pre-swap sales threads where you can reserve stuff in advance or request specific things. If you have a special dry goods request, you should probably pre-arrange that with an attending vendor.

topmav1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Sorry to ask this but what exactly happens at the swap or is it basically a place where vendors can sell their frags? I got the impression I needed frags to trade...and I dont have any...lol.

So whatis it?????????

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
It is all of the above. Members selling and trading and vendors selling and trading and an auction and raffle and lectures and demo's and tank tours and lunch and craziness. You only need frags to trade if you are looking to trade :) You needn't buy anything either. Some just come to learn and meet other reefers.

dickenscd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Last edited by a moderator:

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I think I have written on this post 3 or 4 times and even sent pms to Josh and to another member who I think is involved with the swap. I have yet to get any answers, what is going on??????????

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I think I have written on this post 3 or 4 times and even sent pms to Josh and to another member who I think is involved with the swap. I have yet to get any answers, what is going on??????????

You made one post in this thread:
jaa1456 said:
Nice russ, I like your view haha. Are there a lot of sumps offered normally?

To answer your question, sumps and tanks are usually available for pick up at the swap, but you need to make arrangement before hand as most vendors aren't going to bring them, space is at a premium.

Last edited:
Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0

What exactly is your question? If it is the availability of sumps noted above, the answer is no there are generally not a lot of sumps available. You would have to pre-ordr one with one of our vendors and arrange pick up at the event.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Thanks for the answers and marrone I did have other posts. I just looked through and they are not there. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm makes me wonder

There were no other posts in this thread that you made, nor were any deleted. I'm not sure what you're wondering about but you probably need to rethink what you posted in the thread and sent in PMs or RBs. There is a good chance you're confused about what you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: