guri

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I have a xenia polyps they r not pom-pom much bigger polyps. Yesterday everything was ok but in the morning all polyps fell down from the base and base seems melting lost about 30 polyps. Checked water only KH is high 12 changed water already. Can it be KH or it is some kind of disease??????

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I have a xenia polyps they r not pom-pom much bigger polyps. Yesterday everything was ok but in the morning all polyps fell down from the base and base seems melting lost about 30 polyps. Checked water only KH is high 12 changed water already. Can it be KH or it is some kind of disease??????
Need more info.How long you have them ?Do you feed your tank?What kind of skimmer do you have and how is it doing.I just
started to keeping these things alive .I feed my tank every other day and i do less water changes because i have an over sized skimmer ,they seem to like me now LOL.

jschottenfeld

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I find it so funny with xenia...some people have problems keeping them alive while others (myself included) can't keep their growth down. I have to regularly harvest them from my tank every month otherwise they would take over.

My bet is on water quality not feeding. I hear that they require iodine, although I do not supplement my tank and they are thriving.

guri

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
water
aminia 0
phos 0-0.03
kh 9.5
cal 400
mg 1300
in other parts of my tank same polyps are ok rest of the corals are ok also
but when kh was 12 noticed problems with candy cane and scaly now they are as before
good maybe kh triggered the disease

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Need more info.How long you have them ?Do you feed your tank?What kind of skimmer do you have and how is it doing.I just
started to keeping these things alive .I feed my tank every other day and i do less water changes because i have an over sized skimmer ,they seem to like me now LOL.
Everyone that keep Xenias will give different advice .I don't have perfect water quality by far.I change 15 gal. from my 90 every two to three weeks.I'm not telling you to do this because every tank is different.
Here is a pic taken 3 weeks ago and the last pic take today. As you can see they have reached the water surface ,his wasn't possible 4 months ago.I don't dose Iodine anymore.

p2260350.jpg

p3180378.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: