OzoneParkGuy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Yes KathyC, you guys do serve lunch at the swap, but you also let people take 3 and 4 sandwiches at a time, leaving others without any food. Food for thought. Have someone at the door with a stamper, and stamp there backhand before they enter to eat. Also have some people serve the food. That way everyone has a chance to eat.

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
i have a good solution to this dilemma. the day before, after the setup, a few of us will be hitting up franklin park which is a nice bar about 5 min drive from pratt (and easily accessible by train) perhaps we could do an MR meeting there, that way it is sat night and no one has frags they need to get home.. how does that sound?

here is info on the place, there is tons of food in the area we can get delivered.

www.franklinparkbrooklyn.com

let me know,

james

Last edited:
Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
Yes KathyC, you guys do serve lunch at the swap, but you also let people take 3 and 4 sandwiches at a time, leaving others without any food. Food for thought. Have someone at the door with a stamper, and stamp there backhand before they enter to eat. Also have some people serve the food. That way everyone has a chance to eat.

So which of you would like to step up and organize and execute this aspect of the event? I'd say you'd need at least 2 volunteers for the stamping/stamp checking and what maybe 5-6 people serving food for at least an hour or so.

So please step up and get it done, because I know I and all the other folks organizing things have WAY too much else going on during the event to police the eating and courtesy habits of our fellow members.

shaunsreef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So which of you would like to step up and organize and execute this aspect of the event? I'd say you'd need at least 2 volunteers for the stamping/stamp checking and what maybe 5-6 people serving food for at least an hour or so.

So please step up and get it done, because I know I and all the other folks organizing things have WAY too much else going on during the event to police the eating and courtesy habits of our fellow members.

Now thats FUNNY :biglaugh: .....Lets see who helps out ????
i know i would BUT im wasnt invited.. LOL

Steve

OzoneParkGuy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0

If your spending as much as $25 to get in, and there from 9AM or 10AM and stay till raffle time which is around 3-4PM, and spend around $200-300.00 hundred bucks as well, shopping. I'm sure you would want 1 free sandwich aswell. But let me flip it. If I were a Vendor, and there from 7AM setting up. Then taking down. Leaving around 7PM Then during the week spending money on placing order's for corals and hoping thoose corals sell at the end of the day. Your talking about more than a few hundred. But besides that. I'm a Vendor, I hear the announcement for lunch, I decide let me get a sandwich it's been a long morning. So I walk to the room with the food, only to see people's plates stuffed with 2-3 sandwichs and a huge line of people that havent eaten yet and see that's there's no more. I would be a bit pissed off. Unless Vendors get 1st dipps, I dont know and guess never will.
But anyway.. I'm sure YOU can take 1 hour from your extremely busy and fruitful day to shut down the Stand and help me. You do have a partner? I'm in if your in Prattreef. I await your reply. If you can not I understand.

PM me if you want to talk about this.

Shaunsreef... you been tagged!! Your in now!!! LOL!!!!

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
guys, im just looking for a friendly get together... nothing crazy dont care when, sat night sunday for lunch.... next month... doesnt matter, im not looking for people to get upset abt a sandwich ill get you one if its that bad... really just ask you wont even have to leave your vender stand, ill give u mine!!! so with that said, i started this thread to see what you guys thought abt it.. not for multiple debates abt silly stuff, you guys are great but lets debate abt fish/corals not abt lunch.... lets HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE DAY!!!!

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Hey Pratt and Kathy- how about doing it like we do at any function in the vollies and at the memorial day pig roast I go to, as well as when my motorcycle club I used to belong to helped out with March Of Dimes Bikers For Babies? When checking in or as they pay they get a ticket for a sandwich a ticket for a drink and whatever else is offered? That way everyone gets one of each thing- no ticket no food. If someone doesnt want anything for some reason they can give their ticket to someone to get an extra but everyone that wants will get.

Last edited:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
If your spending as much as $25 to get in, and there from 9AM or 10AM and stay till raffle time which is around 3-4PM, and spend around $200-300.00 hundred bucks as well, shopping. I'm sure you would want 1 free sandwich aswell. But let me flip it. If I were a Vendor, and there from 7AM setting up. Then taking down. Leaving around 7PM Then during the week spending money on placing order's for corals and hoping thoose corals sell at the end of the day. Your talking about more than a few hundred. But besides that. I'm a Vendor, I hear the announcement for lunch, I decide let me get a sandwich it's been a long morning. So I walk to the room with the food, only to see people's plates stuffed with 2-3 sandwichs and a huge line of people that havent eaten yet and see that's there's no more. I would be a bit pissed off. Unless Vendors get 1st dipps, I dont know and guess never will.
But anyway.. I'm sure YOU can take 1 hour from your extremely busy and fruitful day to shut down the Stand and help me. You do have a partner? I'm in if your in Prattreef. I await your reply. If you can not I understand.

PM me if you want to talk about this.

Swap workers and Vendors do indeed get first dibs...about 10 seconds before the members are permitted into the food area.

I've read you post numerous times and am not clear on what you are suggesting.
Are you suggesting the Vendors serve lunch?

Nor do I understand the earlier suggestion about hand stamping. If you are there, then you paid your admission and are entitled to lunch. It certainly won't make impolite people take less food.

Randy has it right...

OzoneParkGuy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
No I was not suggesting that Vendors should serve food KathyC. Maybe just PrattReef who opened the door (LOL)!! Just thought it would be a good idea to have a few people there to help monitor the rations of food given out. That way everyone has a chance to eat. Last swap I saw many gluttonous people with there plates stacked high with food that the others who were on line waiting, did not have a chance to eat because the food ran out. I felt bad. Thus my suggestion of hand stamping. If it sounds petty, then it's a readers perspective on things.
But Motor is correct.. his thread so back to topic.

tentacles

cephalopod enthusiast
Rating - 95%
38   2   0
perhaps if you see someone taking 4 or 5 pieces of sandwich, you should say something to them. or how about everybody just be courteous to one another, and those of you who feel the need to take copious amounts of food, consider the other 299 hungry people :scratch:

i don't think people realize how much time and energy goes into planning and executing the swaps; the people who are working them are running around all day doing the jobs that they are expected to do. not to mention the extra time we spend cleaning up after everybody once the event is over. maybe all the people who are making suggestions about how the food should be served should volunteer to do the hand stamping/ticketing/serving- those of us that work the swap already have our work cut out for us. (you would only be taking an hour or two out of your time, and odds are you'd be sticking around after lunch for the raffle drawing anyway):bagfish:

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Am bringing my own lunch which maybe my dinner after helping after the swap- will be a nice NY Jazz hero- Grilled Chicken, roasted red peppers, fresh mozzarella and balsamic dressing- will be in a nice black backpack-- BUT before any weisenheimers think about snatching a piece be forewarned- I lick the whole roll before they wrap it at the deli...LMAO j/k I am looking forward to the lunch served at the swap.:biggrin:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: