Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
She likes everything, but the maintenance and the long and boring lectures!
HAHAHA

He likes everything, but the maintenance and the long and boring lectures.

Plus I will add that hubby has paid for just about everything for my reef & 120.;) He even shows off at work about OUR tanks, but when someone ask him something about them he'll politely & quickly direct them to me.LOL

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
my wife cant stand it.. but she like to look at it.. but if she WAS into it i wouldnt be able to bc then she would know abt how ,much i spend/spent and thats not good.. i slipped when my old tank crashed she heard me tell someone i lost a few grand worth of fish and coral and i had to work my way out of that hole.. bc i always say i traded for this or that and i bartered for this and i got a discout on that!!! lol....ill keep it that way, thank you!! lol

nycdominicanreef

one frag at a time
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Vanessa: "what are you doing?
Me: water change
Vanessa: I hate that stupid tank, ur always doing something for it
"whats the name of that purple stringy thing?
Me: purple tip hammer
Vanessa: looks cool, paint my room that color

lanacane214

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
my wife was looking at my tank once and i told her, its medically proven that watching fish swim around lowers your blood pressure,she answer my blood pressure is rising cause im thinking how much you spend on all this stuff,shes jealouse that i like somethiung else besides her and my daughters

daisy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
My b/f is a marine biologist now getting his doctorate in oceanography - the tank in my kitchen is sort of his tank, since he's studying in Hawaii, and you're not allowed to have a reef tank there. The MH was his, some of the coral in it was his before he moved to HI.

When he's here, we talk about the tanks all the time on the phone and I send him pics of what's growing, what's caught my attention - whatever. When he's here, he takes over most of the tank maintenance (without telling me, often) and will sit looking at the tanks for hours if I leave him alone to do so. He thinks the money we spend on corals is insane, but at the same time, he knows how much everything costs, and he knows what's nice and what's worth having (and not worth having - aka what will probably die in the tank sooner rather than later), so I don't lie to him about what stuff costs, and he's cool with it (most of the time, I think)

He's my partner in this hobby, and my systems have only gotten better since we started dating :)

Sharing this hobby with him is pretty awesome.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: