LaurieC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Talk to LIsa at www.saltyunderdog.com They will ship you the Berghia of the correct size. Berghia only live a handful of months in the wild. They are not a long-lived species anyhow. With the infestation you are talking about they would be the best option. trying to take them out manually only spreads them around more.

Deep Dive Coral

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
That is who I spoke to. Just waiting for the mods to accept the group buy. She also was throwing in free shipping for frags and inverts.
Talk to LIsa at www.saltyunderdog.com They will ship you the Berghia of the correct size. Berghia only live a handful of months in the wild. They are not a long-lived species anyhow. With the infestation you are talking about they would be the best option. trying to take them out manually only spreads them around more.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
There is a place, see link below, that raises and sells them. They actually ship them with eggs coming out. There was a group buy done here a while ago. They've very small and you need to make sure the current/flow is low before you place them into your tank, otherwise they'll get blow around the tank and can die. When they run out of food they can easily be removed from your tank and given to others.

Salty Underground/Lisa Brown

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/group-buys/65554-bergia-nudibranch-approved-group-buy.html

But how many people are going to take them out of their tanks and give them to others? I buy that these can be easily kept in captivity given a ready supply of aiptasia, but who wants aiptasia in their tanks?

LaurieC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I'd like to get in on the group buy for these too.

My understanding is that reef safe fish will leave them alone. On the site there is more info and a calculator for how many Berghia's they recommend by tank size. I read somewhere about people keeping Apitasia in their sump or refugium to feed the Berghia. But really, Berghia are in nature not a long-lived animal. Like May Flies they basically eat, breed and die in a short amount of time. So you could use them to clean out the infestation and give them away, but chance are they won't be around for long even in the most perfect conditions. Some people breed them and keep them in jelly jars.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: