JonnyIce

Used as bait
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I bought some through Dom in I'd say April...3 for my 29g...did the acclimation process with the piece of aiptasia and after 2 days they were never seen again...its tough bc they are sooo expensive to get the right 'number' of berghias to eradicate your problem.

Hefe-Weizen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Hef even larger aptasia... Our your aptasia aren't that big yet.
It ate ones that were 1 1/2"(the largest) all the way down to the smallest. I haven't seen the peppermint in two months but suspect he is still in there. I have not been up to look at 3 A.M. in a while.

The first Peps I put in there were torn to shreds by my tomato clown, a $24 mistake. The next one I added I fed on the right side of the tank and added the shrimp to the left side.

Bertdog

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
couldn't you set up a 10 gal put the berghias in there and bring in a piece or so with aiptasia till they grow large enough and them transfer them into the tank. this is my thinking, I'm i way off?

morphiii

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.2%
20   1   0
couldn't you set up a 10 gal put the berghias in there and bring in a piece or so with aiptasia till they grow large enough and them transfer them into the tank. this is my thinking, I'm i way off?

You could do that if you can control the water parameters correctly. Harder to do it in a small tank.

Maybe you can put it in a breeder tank like this one and hang it in the main tank.

http://www.fish.com/item/lees-aquar...ferralID=39c47a4a-bdf3-11df-ad8e-001b2166c62d

Let them grow and multiply and then release the army!! Die aiptasia!!
:tongueani

cybermeez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
In my experience Aiptasia-X has been the most effective of the "aiptasia zappers" out there (including Joe's Juice). Kalkwasser paste can be effective, but it will also kill anything else it even touches (including zoas, anemones and SPS will be burned) and can easily mess up your water chemistry sending the pH dangerously high. I've tried the peppermint shrimp, nudibranch and copper banded butterfly routes and failed miserably with all 3.

There are 2 things I've found to be key for Aiptasia-X to be most effective. First turn off your pumps and wait 5-10 minutes after zapping the last aiptasia before turning them back on (gives the little bastards time to injest the stuff with out water flow blowing it away in the current). Secondly hit any an all aiptasia you can find at least once a week until you can't find any more. Each week you'll find the ones that were too small to see the week before. If you keep it up long enough you will get all if not most all of them.

steve614

Steve614
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
i just took half my rocks and tossed them in a dry bucket.i couldn't stand to look at them anymore.Anything without a coral on it went!Ive been injecting them with lemon juice.it does kill them but i have so many i cant keep up.they're growing in between my zoas and killing them.

morphiii

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.2%
20   1   0
Any words on the group buys from the mods yet? I have spoken to someone from salty underdog and they are ready to go, good price plus free shipping if we get enough order together.

henrystyle

Bad Mutha Shut Your mouth
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Man I just get the hammer and chisel and chip my rock off..Throw them right in the garbage as I see them. Gone from my 30g. About to get up and chisel the 2-3 I saw in my new 120g. Got it from rock that I had curing for a few months...hitchhiker I guess.
I tried all of the above and they always seem to pop back up...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: