saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
this is just an idea, i want to know what people think about trying to get a place or tank set up in the coney island aquarium in which every member of manhattan reefs as well as anyone from our giant saltwater family in new york city or state can donate a frag from there very own tanks or a piece of live rock so that we can go visit a tank that has a token frag tribute to saltwater fans in ny. wouldnt you like to show your prized frags to all that visit the aquarium? let me know what you think , its kind of like when ming did his fragging at the swap and a piece of it went to atlantis, but this would go to coney island aquarium.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
195   0   0
this is just an idea, i want to know what people think about trying to get a place or tank set up in the coney island aquarium in which every member of manhattan reefs as well as anyone from our giant saltwater family in new york city or state can donate a frag from there very own tanks or a piece of live rock so that we can go visit a tank that has a token frag tribute to saltwater fans in ny. wouldnt you like to show your prized frags to all that visit the aquarium? let me know what you think , its kind of like when ming did his fragging at the swap and a piece of it went to atlantis, but this would go to coney island aquarium.

Im down set it up....:lobster:

Zuska

Cherry Collector
Rating - 99.5%
430   2   0
coney island aquarium is a waste. i dont think our frags would stand a chance in surviving haha. They dont even have a reef tank...

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
thats what i mean maybe they can get a set up going , hell maybe we can get a set up going, hey zuska it would be nice to see your sunset acros reaching for the lights in a big public display and it would be a great place if big enough to release those tangs and other fish that outgrow our tanks and if these fish give us so much joy over the years, than wouldnt it be great to give them something in return rather than pass him around from tank to tank till it dies, im open to all opinions lets hear em all .

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
yeah thats true its kind of messy when left to a summer youth employement kids to feed, lol good thought however all these ideas have to come out to make this work both good and bad but i think the aquarium needs more fresh ideas and colors from all aquascapes of the world

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
this is what i mean with so many of us together it can work out really well a frag per person adds up to hundreds of frags growing in a nice tank to be displayed, imagine our kids when they go on trips with there school telling the teacher and classmates that my dad or mo contributed to aquatic work of art.

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Donating Frags is the easy part. The frags need to be in a well equipped and maintained tank that would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars when you take into account spacial design of an area for it, staffing, equipment, ect.

I would love for this to happen but sadly the closest your going to get is Atlantis. Sorry for being debbie downer about it. The New York Aquarium needs massive donations and a real reason to get a reef tank going.

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
.tosiek not a downer bro but your being realistic and thats what i need. i mean this is just an idea and as a whole we can make it happen im sure of it but the more we know of the negative aspects the more we can make positive , so please feel free to give info both bad and good cause without it you cant go forward , but im gonna call the aquarium and see who i can talk to about this on my own time and try to get an idea towards funding the idea im very sure that contributions from all of us on the sight will be the least of my worries.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Nevermind, I saw the video.

they just opened a part of the aquarium called the pacific oceans coral triangle so the coney island aquarium is very much so reef ready !! if you go onto the website they show an amazing reef tank thats part of a new display check it out

What's the link? I heard about Conservation Hall Opening but I cannot find the reef tank page.

Last edited:

lionfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
thats true if they can get a set up big enough where we can put our tangs or other fish that out grow our tanks would be good because all the passing it around just isnt right i think it should go straight to a huge system where it can live happy

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: