JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Yea definitely let me know. I also have a pool if you wanted bring the munchkins over for a dip. Laila doesnt like the water that much but when its hot out I bring her in anyway and she loves it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks weico. My girls hate the water so far lol. They just the other day tried going after the sprinkler. Even when they step in a deep puddle they lift the paws that went in like it's hot water:spin:

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Hey Jimmy,
I wish I could. Laila just had two mass cell tumors removed. 1 was cancerous and the other was not. It was grade 1, so it didnt spread. Thank god we check her all the time for hitchhikers and bumps frequently so were able to pic up on it. But she just 20 staples removed and 15 stitches so she will be out of commision for a little bit till she heals up better and puts on some more weight.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Hey Jimmy,
I wish I could. Laila just had two mass cell tumors removed. 1 was cancerous and the other was not. It was grade 1, so it didnt spread. Thank god we check her all the time for hitchhikers and bumps frequently so were able to pic up on it. But she just 20 staples removed and 15 stitches so she will be out of commision for a little bit till she heals up better and puts on some more weight.

Aww poor girl. Sorry to hear she had tumors but glad to hear the one that was cancerous was caught early:).

No prob, let her heal up and when she's feeling better let me me know and well meet up.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
She will be back in action better then ever.
any7ymyr.jpg

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Thanks weico. My girls hate the water so far lol. They just the other day tried going after the sprinkler. Even when they step in a deep puddle they lift the paws that went in like it's hot water:spin:

I had a few dogs that hated water for a long time and never had any real luck. My Weimeraner would forget all about the water once he saw fowl tho.

Then I started competing my dogs in shows and had to get them ripped and fully conditioned to go up against the best of 'em and when you're pushing them that hard, it's nice to get them to take a dip in a creek or a lake. I think it's been easier since my last few dogs have all been black or very close to black and they can't take the heat as well as lighter colored dogs 'cause the sun just cooks them and then the miracle happens.... they're so hot that they now volunteer (if not beg) and start pulling to go lay down in the water and then they're willing to have a ball. Happened to me by accident but now all of my dogs have loved/love going in water. It's hard to keep them out actually.

As far as a sprinkler tho, my dog now loves swimming but attacks tho water coming out of the hose. =)
I have to see what he'd do with a sprinkler.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Ok so with the new puppy on the way I was thinking there were every other type of reefing get togethers here and groups of locals doing trips and so on and have noticed A LOT of dog owners on here just by avatars alone so I know there are a lot more that don't use their pups in their avatars.

So my idea is maybe the dog owners with non dog agressive and friendly dogs can get together at dog parks around the island? I'll have my little monster home in the beginning of June and will be able to have him around other dogs probably in mid July so what a great way to socialize our little buddies and talk a little reef.

Maybe we could go to parks in different areas on a rotation so some will be local for each one of us.

What does everyone think?

Would like some feedback from the dog people.

That's a great idea. I'm in Queens but have no problem traveling to Long Island. We own a Boston Terrier (she is an AKC CGC, does commercial work and is a therapy dog) Also a 6 month old Alaskan Klee Kai (aka mini husky) My wife is training her for the show ring. She owns a dog care business offering daycare, boarding and training (www.asecondhomedogcare.com). Let me know. It'll be a fun day!

Last edited:

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
That's a great idea. I'm in Queens but have no problem traveling to Long Island. We own a Boston Terrier (she is an AKC CGC, does commercial work and is a therapy dog) Also a 6 month old Alaskan Klee Kai (aka mini husky) My wife is training her for the show ring. She owns a dog care business offering daycare, boarding and training (www.asecondhomedogcare.com). Let me know. It'll be a fun day!

Yeah whenever you're up for it let me know man I really like this particular park. Whenever is good for you other than this weekend and the next Saturday I'm in.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: