• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Vic8361

Rating - 100%
142   0   0
looking sweet Rich.
I'm getting the itch and looking at some tanks.
Don't know if I'm getting back in yet.
It's been one and a half years since I lost my tank to it leaking.
I'll be having fun watching your tank mature as always.
Vic

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Hows my red table under LEd?.. Display tank looks great man...Can you set radium color on LEd?

Mike I wish ecotech radion had a "radium" setting :) That would be great. Your red table is encrusted to a rock in the display under halide. I have some other maroon color table under the leds, don't look so great but it didn't look so good under t5s either :)

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
looking sweet Rich.
I'm getting the itch and looking at some tanks.
Don't know if I'm getting back in yet.
It's been one and a half years since I lost my tank to it leaking.
I'll be having fun watching your tank mature as always.
Vic

You'll be back Vic, and when you do you know where to come get some stuff :cheers: I hope you get back in someday soon:party:

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Yeah Mike you can get it to 20K. He hasn't played with the settings. Even the Vega color had that setting. I think the Mitras have better controllability than either though.

Rich, tanks looking good bro. You were right about my bio-load. I finally sat down and looked at the tank. All my fish have nearly doubled in size. More waste now. Had to do a bigger water change. Maybe start running the skimmer wetter

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Yeah Mike you can get it to 20K. He hasn't played with the settings. Even the Vega color had that setting. I think the Mitras have better controllability than either though.

Rich, tanks looking good bro. You were right about my bio-load. I finally sat down and looked at the tank. All my fish have nearly doubled in size. More waste now. Had to do a bigger water change. Maybe start running the skimmer wetter

You need a bigger skimmer!!!:Lurking:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0

Lets go fishing ;)

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Kasei needs a MRC skimmer....lol!

Rich, how you like the Radion gen2? I tried to run gen 1 at 6 inch above water at 95% and it still doesnt bleach any of my coral. I guess it's a good think.

Not sure Sam. Way too soon. I haven't had much free time lately to play with it. I am running 40% max and will increase slowly over the next 6 weeks.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Ahhh!!! didn't you know you fish tooo.....It would be an awsome MR charter on Rich's boat....hahahhaha! But then Rich will be helping and not fishing.....kakkaka!

How's the electric bill with the 400 watt MH?...hahhaha!

Na you guys help yourself :) I'm fishing:goldfish:
I'll setup something soon. Too busy at the moment.

Electric bill with the 400w is the same as the 250w but it doesn't really matter. I'm not in this hobby to save money. Because the sfigioli reflector covers the whole tank, I don't need to run the t5 when the halide is on. I am currently running the halide by itself for 4 1/2 hrs daily, and t5's run before and after halide for 6 hours total. Growth has exploded. I went from adding 60mls each of alk and cal to 120mls each.

As for the ecotech radion over my frag tank......meh. The spectrum is so so no matter how I adjust it. It does get extremely bright though. It's a nice tradeoff if you want to keep electrical costs low, but it's not in the same league as the 400w radium. When I try to make a 14k-20k spectrum the color looks "artificial" if that makes sense :)Still not an LED fan but maybe that will change over time.

Here's an example of the growth that I am getting

April 10th (top down view under halide)
IMG_4311_zpse05ae85d.jpg

May 12th (front view t5 only)
IMG_4707_zps19d1191b.jpg

Last edited:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Wow! Nice Rich.

How long did it take to go from 60ml to 120?

3 weeks. Fastest increase that I ever experienced. I was testing often (1-2 times daily) because alk and cal kept dropping fast. I would manually bump up to desired level (9dkh, 440 cal) and then increase doser rate by 5ml or 10ml.

3 weeks of growth on efflo
April 24th (halide)

may13 (t5 only)

A shot from last week when I first hung the radion.

Attachments

• IMG_4660.jpg
    IMG_4660.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: