jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
:smash: Nice!!! Pick the right date....lol!!!

Radion is great for small tank IMO, electrc bill, and heat.

Wow, your growth looks fantastic on the efflo, kind of hard to see on the mill cuz of the angel.

Sam, what angel?

That's an insane jump. Did you add a lot of new corals or was that just to keep up with growth?

Besides a birdsnest frag and goni frag, no new corals were added. Just from increase in growth.

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Sam, what angel?

Besides a birdsnest frag and goni frag, no new corals were added. Just from increase in growth.

i mean harder to tell growth of mill with the two mill pic, again, it is probably me me....i won't say two kids look alike unless they are identical twins, even then i would still say, they don't look the same....kakakkaka!!!

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
The tank has hit the 6 month mark. Everything is growing and colorful but I have been getting annoying stn problems on some corals. I noticed this when my alk would drop below 8dkh. Bumping up and maintaing 9dkh has slowed or stopped most stn however, some has continued very slowly. This has been difficult for me to maintain lately because the tank is constantly sucking up more cal and alk (adding 160ml of each daily) and I haven't been around much lately to check on things.

I recently stopped using GFO and all STN has stopped at the moment. Not really sure why the STN started in the first place. Weird thing is it was only on supposedly hardier tank raised corals. Very hard to keep hoeksemis and abrotanoides are flourishing. There's always something new to learn with SPS.

Anyway here's an Iphone shot from the other night.

I am concentrating on adding more LPS and zoos at the moment. :)

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
Great tank. I was experiencing little stn events in my tank due to the continuing increase of calcium and alkalinity uptake. I was always increasing my dose until I broke down and setup a calcium reactor. For the past few weeks its been great with no swings.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
The tank looks great Rich. Trying to figure out STN/RTN events beyond checking for the obvious things is like beating your head against the wall-- too many variables, most of which you can't test for, or control, or at times even know they exist.

I guess you're right. I suspect the underlying problem is low alkalinity. This is the first time that I had a reef that sucked up cal and alk at such a rapid increasing rate. With previous tanks I was always steady between 9-11dkk.

Great tank. I was experiencing little stn events in my tank due to the continuing increase of calcium and alkalinity uptake. I was always increasing my dose until I broke down and setup a calcium reactor. For the past few weeks its been great with no swings.

On my previous 120g I went the opposite way :) Reactor to 2 part. A reactor is definitely an option for me if I begin sucking up much more. I will probably get rid of the SPS in my frag tank if my consumption rate keeps increasing.. I have Blue blue ochtodes taking over anyway. I think it will be a cool looking fuge if it was full of blue algae with some dragons breath mixed in :tongue1:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
The tank is just about at the 8 month mark. I encountered some problems mostly due to neglect. Working 80+hr work weeks during my busy season paid it's toll on the reef somewhat. I had STN on many corals and lost a few, but I have things back on track and corals are looking more healthy again. This will be my next to last update since both of these tanks will be transferred into a new 116g custom cube.

Attachments

• IMG_5780.jpg
    IMG_5780.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_5779.jpg
    IMG_5779.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_5777.jpg
    IMG_5777.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_5775.jpg
    IMG_5775.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_5774.jpg
    IMG_5774.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 327

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: