strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Come on strgazer do ya really think I'm putting a heater under my tank LOL it's purely for looks. :)

Actually yeah I did wonder. Sounds like it may look nice when completed but I would worry about salt water issues while cleaning the tank or doing general maintenance. Water gets everywhere and I wonder if it would create an issue on the fireplaces finish trim. Just a thought. As far as electric issues go, we can always change the thread title to "Dukes super HOT 180 build" if we have to.

u3ube4ev.jpg

Lmao

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Good progress! Interesting idea about the fireplace. It will look like you're cooking your fish lol!

LOL, you could put an air pump and a bubble bar along the front so when the fireplace is on, it looks like the water is boiling! You could easily put the pump and fireplace on the same switch... :)

Personally, I think it's a great idea. I've seen pictures where they have tanks in front of real fireplaces, but the electric ones vent the heat out the front and they do not heat up on the outside. I do not think it's going to be any issue at all and I think you'd have a usable fireplace to boot.

Greagzter

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I think thats a cool idea (reef tank from hell) lol. What you could also do is tank with water, couple of fading red, orange leds, a flame like material and a small power head or a bubble bar to keep the material suspended. You could prob keep your emergency RO water there too. Just a thought.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: