knutez24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
It doesn't take much, or anything, for a fish to go right through a hole, even if it's small. I have mine tripled over, at angles, like a diamond, and I just had a fish go right through it, and from the size of the fish that shouldn't have happened.

Ya its crazy how they can fit through at times. I have 1/4" netting,so nothing but some gobies should fit....I think it could have hit a corner and lifted the top to squeeze through. I only have a few that jump often and the netting usually does the job. This rhomboid wasn't one that usually jumps. Was larger than most also, so could have been large enough to move the whole top. Sucks anytime you lose a fish especially when its one of the favs in the tank.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Looking awesome Luke. Some nice stuff in there. LMK how that frag colors in your tank. Is the sunset milli frag that you gave me from your tank?

knutez24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Thanks guys. I hoping after getting in person looks TUSI and jackson's tanks it will wear off on me!
Setup has only had water in it for about a year now. Fish and Coral for about 10 months. Starting to mature and dial in nicely.

Rich the Sunset is from my tank. It's from the smaller of the 2 millis next to each other in all these pics

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I am putting two of the plates in my sump between the baffles. What I like about them is you can siphon as you did or when doing water change just rinse in the bucket. Makes cleaning the sump so much easier. I hope my new 'reef' setup will look as nice as yours in 10 months. See you in 2016!

knutez24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I am putting two of the plates in my sump between the baffles. What I like about them is you can siphon as you did or when doing water change just rinse in the bucket. Makes cleaning the sump so much easier. I hope my new 'reef' setup will look as nice as yours in 10 months. See you in 2016!

So far the block has been grwat. Like you said easy clean. Not sure if it helps do everything they claim, but I know it's not hurting the system or nitrate/phosphate levels.

Hopefully all goes well for both of us into 2016!

knutez24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Been awhile since an update...

Decided to change the left side of my tank. Originally it was just 1 rock that was not porous at all. Piece has been used as baserock in my setups for years. So was having flow issues on this side and also would collect more detritus on top of the rock with the lack of flow. Also wanted to make more room for some corals i have picked up lately.

Used a gravel vac are really cleaned out the area. Amazing how nasty the sand/gravel was in this area. Think I made the right choice because no other area in the tank was dirty, and the left side was disgusting! First time I've disturbed the sand bed in this setup.

Bought some more marco rock at NERAC. I bought marco rock there last year at when this setup was still cycling. The walk to the car after NERAC is getting old carrying boxes of rock!

Here's what I planned

Of course it didn't fit, but I think this layout will work out even better!

knutez24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I personally think it has been better with the T5's. Kessils are also a good light, but with sps I did better with T5's. Some people have had success with LEDs also, but I personally think its harder to dial in the sweetspot to get color and growth.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: