knutez24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Finally had some free time to get the apex mounted and running. Have fusion all set up, just have to start switching everything over and getting it dialed in now.

Piece of shelf to mount apex to:

Mounted under frag tank:

Probes dialed in:

Quick update but hopefully I can get some time the next few nights to get everything on the apex and working fully.

knutez24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Finally had some free time over the weekend to plumb in my "frag" tank. Its a 30 gallon rimless. Working out pretty nicely! Moved over all the fish and coral from my old 20 gal setup so everything is on the same system finally!

Excuse the pure blue in the pics lights were about to go out for the night and didn't want to ramp them back up. Will try to get a better FTS soon.

Display tank

Frag tank

arthurk0722

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Are you going to be dosing? Manually or using a dosing pump? I have a 75 gallon as well and I'm just curious. I manually dose alk and calc.. Has the bio block helped with the filtration that you can tell? Or nothing really yet? Sweet build and keep the pics coming!!

knutez24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I have a bubble magus doser and the expansion to go with it. I dose alk,ca, mg, and a carbon source. I think the block helps. just a good way to add a ton of surface area without taking up a ton of room. Have had to vacuum detritus from it a few times. it was in there from the start so it's not like I added it and phos and nitrates disappeared.

knutez24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
checked it over 3 times now. No gap. I think it must have hit 1 of the 2 covers and popped it up just enough to slip out then it fell right back into place. They have hit it hard enough to pop it before but usually that makes the fish fall back in.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: