jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I haven't been keeping up with this thread. I switched lighting to Radion G4 pro's for several months. I was very impressed with them, and had good growth + color. The spectrum was a little overly blue in the Coral Lab Ab+ mode, but the SPS responded best to that. I am planning a move in the next few months so I sold off the radions to run my favorite, 400w radium (giesmann spectra), for the winter months. This is a pic with the led's from September and the video below is from the other day. I removed some rock and sold off my large wwc yellow tip colony on the left to make more room for growth + flow.

September
IMG_2748 by rich colombo, on Flickr

January (cloudy from just doing some maintenance)
IMG_4755 by rich colombo, on Flickr

Blue Led
IMG_4786 by rich colombo, on Flickr

Video from a few days ago

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Hi183Y7urU0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Looking great Rich :)
You mentioned you going to move , what you upgrading to ? :)

Not sure yet Marek, something about double the size. I don't want too large or too deep of a tank that's hard to reach into. Definitely a large remote frag system and filter room. We'll see :biggrin:

Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
Rich, you have the gift of balancing placement of corals on the landscape, nutrient balance, light and flow. I can see another cube in the future when you move. This time, you can use the Radions and Halides on the same tank!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: