Rating - 100%
204   0   0
So I got the plumbing down yesterday and it was something else ... :( because one my Apex energy bars decided to stop working at 12am. So I had to reprogram that but the tank was up and running by 2am :)

If you know anyone that can spare some different kind of algae let me know :)

Attachments

• IMG_6239.JPG
    IMG_6239.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_6241.JPG
    IMG_6241.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_6240.JPG
    IMG_6240.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_6243.JPG
    IMG_6243.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_6245.JPG
    IMG_6245.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_6237.JPG
    IMG_6237.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_6248.JPG
    IMG_6248.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_6254.JPG
    IMG_6254.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_6251.JPG
    IMG_6251.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_6250.JPG
    IMG_6250.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_6247.JPG
    IMG_6247.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_6246.JPG
    IMG_6246.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
You gone use a dif. pump or same manifold for supply , if use dif. pump use sponge strainer, to make sure you dont dump lot of Detritus in new refuge.

Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Looking good.

Is the glass baffled silicone in? or just held in place by the sand?

I really wanted to keep the option of not having that elevated sand bed in the background encase I decided to change the look of the tank so I bought a 1/2 thick shatter proof glass in a but of 23 x 16 which fit perfectly. With the 6inch sand bed down below, it was more than enough to hold the glass up and I used a few of the rocks to keep it lifted up.

I will post some new pics later but I really like the look so far because I'm able to leave cheeto in the back where I don't have too much flow and the mangrove roots are not too far from getting to the sand bed! I wanted to shout out a few members that helped with the build one way or the other!:

Vio - I would have to say he was the one who really got this idea started because after I saw his ridiculously awesome SPS setup and his fuge, I got the itch to setup this display fuge I wanted for sometime!

Steven - Great guy and hooked me up with some great looking rock filled with choroline that just gave a great look to the tank right off the bat.

Mike NY - For offering up a bunch of algae to get this tank up and started!!

Thanks guys.

Rating - 100%
204   0   0
You gone use a dif. pump or same manifold for supply , if use dif. pump use sponge strainer, to make sure you dont dump lot of Detritus in new refuge.

Hi Vio, I decided to go with the same pump for now which will cause some re-circulation because I was just too worries about a leak if things did not match up.

I will consider a different pump in the future.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
The reason , i ask , is because , years a go i just ignore the Detritus , i end up by having a Refuge works against me , become Detritus Bank ( just like magnet for PO4 and Nitrate) Refuge need some "respect" let the Macro Algae (Chaetto, Algae Scrubber, Mangrow etc.) to do the work. Just keep in your mind , Deep Sand Bad, may strip most of Nitrate , you may like to control, that, Do NOT go to aggressive against Nitrate and PO4. in special for LPS, you have GREAT tank, take it easy, :wink1:

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Wow, nice.
For some reason ,i think , you make a good decision NOT to have Mangrow ruts on sand
Not sure, but i will do some home work.
You may have some fish , right ?
GREAT job man.

Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Wow, nice.
For some reason ,i think , you make a good decision NOT to have Mangrow ruts on sand
Not sure, but i will do some home work.
You may have some fish , right ?
GREAT job man.

Thanks brotha! yeah so I really like the way this came out actually because I was able to add cheeto in the back on the other side of the glass. I think the magrove roots will grow into the sand at some point which will be a really cool look where fish can swim in and out of the roots.

@Samsky hooked me up with some awesome gargonians that i specifically bought encase I want to get some seas horses in there. I would have to play around with the flow and figure out how I can feed them in a way where they can slowly eat with the pipfish but that is a few weeks away for now.

The goal is to first introduce some algae in there, test for the proper macro growing trace elements like Iron etc. Once I see some more growth, I will add a clean up crew and then the sea horses and pip fish.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: