• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
Canopy and stand
IMG_1014.jpg

Painted and open
IMG_1015.jpg

Painted and closed
IMG_1016.jpg

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Sweet Ming :) You are turning into a regular Norm Abrams!

Have you considered a polyurathane (water based or not) coating (more than 1) over your paint job..in & out? It would give a more 'even' appearance to the stand/canopy and might slow down the eventualk warping.
Looks good though!

When are you moving the tank into place?

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
How many MW are you running? Do you have concerns about them being a potential fire hazard if you run too many of them? (it was mentioned and discussed in another website)

Never heard of the fire hazard. I have heard they can warm up if kept in an enclosed box, but mine will be near the fans from the heatsinks.

I have 6 of them currently wired up and ready to go with 70 LED's, but I will be adding 2 more MW's to bring the total LED's up to 94. That will come after the upgrade is done.

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
How many MW are you running? Do you have concerns about them being a potential fire hazard if you run too many of them? (it was mentioned and discussed in another website)

sounds like inadequate cooling (air) for the MW. they should not get hot if the out put is within spec and enough air is provide to take away the heat.

regal

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
sounds like inadequate cooling (air) for the MW. they should not get hot if the out put is within spec and enough air is provide to take away the heat.

No, it is not a cooling issue. It has to do with the "cold start surge current" drawn by the drivers which can overheat the house wires. It was mentioned in the other famous website.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: