• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
True unions would be nicer, but with the amount of unions and ball valvles, it would cost a small fortune. I also find 1" and smaller ball valves easy enough to turn. Anything larger, and I would rather get a true union.

Kathy, still a work in progress... the tank is way too cloudy for me to aquascape. I can't really place the corals when I can't see so they're still in holding tanks

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
My zero attempt in aquascaping... but everything's in at least
IMG_1034.jpg

I'll aquascape after my regain some feeling in my hands and feet....

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
I actually had some SPS losses, I think its because the last couple days had pretty cold nights, and I didn't have heaters going on the 7 holding tanks, but it also would get too warm in the day as well. In the new tank, I actually see the heater turning on. Not sure if its because its especially cold or the LED's are warming up the tank so little unlike my T5's. Still didn't setup my calcium reactor either. It'll be a slow progression during the week.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
Ming, looks great. Love the LED build. Very nice work.

On the right side of the tank there is a strip of uber white light. What's that due to?

Russ

That's from the LED's. I probably should have turned down the exposure on the camera a little. The "right side" is actually the back of the tank and I only have LED's currently in the back 2/3 of the tank. I have a 3rd LED fixture currently almost complete which will go in the front 1/3 and it'll all be lit up evenly.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
No real point taking a pic of the aquascape, I'm not happy with it anyways. I'm cycling 100#'s of tonga rocks which I'll be swapping the rocks with so I'll be doing a total reaquascape in the near future!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: