• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Reef Reaper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
256   0   0
I just curious, besides the people you know from Manhattan Reefs, who do you share your hobby (Saltwater aquariums and reefs) with???

I lucky to have my wife and my two boys as my buddies. I also lucky to have LongIslandAndy and woodman , as my other main sources of storytelling and information.

I included a picture and if you have a picture, included also.Have a great day!!

Attachments

• 37_34A.JPG
    37_34A.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 224

DrHarryLopez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
For the last ten years I've thought I was the only one in NY who was a reef hobbist. I surfed n interacted on Reef Central where the people are from all over the US n world. Then earlier this year I went to a LIRA meeting where I met Jarrett Shark. He greeted me and made me feel welcomed. The OzoneParkGuy came to the office on a Sunday and made it a real personal interaction.
Now I have a whole new community of friends here on MR. I welcome everyone and share my knowledge and experience freely. I enjoy the interaction greatly.

Thank you MR
Harry

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
I have my girlfriend as a partial reef buddy...she gets tired quick and hates water changes lol . Then I have my cuz who calls me up asking me a question straight from the lfs....then two hours later calls me up again talking about guess what I got !!! And it's what I told him not to get!! And then you guys lol

D

DA fisherman

Rating - 100%
88   0   0
My son(MR.PUFFER). :) my friends cluless fisherman,scubakev,whereismyfish...we get together every night and look at the tanks ,lolz

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
but maybe one day we can get together and chat.

You are not that far from me. I have a good friend who is a podiatrist.

For about two years I couldn't find anyone who was into the marine reef hobby like I was.

For 20 years I couldn't find anyone with a salt tank. Of course I started in 1971 when computers were made out of wood :tongue1:

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
when i got into FW i had my cousin who was really big into cichlids.. then we got into saltwater togther, but he couldnt keep up with the cost and gave it up.. so i was all alone till i was at the lumber yard in brooklyn and i was talking to this guy abt his tank and he told me abt this site.. so i checked it out and was hooked, so all my FISH buddies are right here!!!!

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I dont have anyone:( no one likes me. I went out and bought 3 manequins from the local JC Penney, dressed them up and named them Johnny, Louise and Hector. We sit every night and watch the tank. Theyre not much for conversation and are not any help with water changes but hey- beggars cant be choosers.

T

THEDLO

Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I dont have anyone:( no one likes me. I went out and bought 3 manequins from the local JC Penney, dressed them up and named them Johnny, Louise and Hector. We sit every night and watch the tank. Theyre not much for conversation and are not any help with water changes but hey- beggars cant be choosers.

lmao!

Staaan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
My buddies....

azntt1217, AriMiko423, JARRETTSHARK, DrHarryLopez, OzoneParkGuy, Chraddam, Big LA, JCS.. pretty much all that I met at Harry and Jarretts meet and greats.

And with Ted (aznt) being the first MR member to lend a helping hand and offering to show me his tank (and conveniently lives a few blocks away! :P)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: