TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
it's always good to supplement feeding with small particle stuff like rotifers and phyto..every now and then I just squirt some in the tank or add frozen rotifers to my mix when I defrost my mysis and whatnot to turkey baste..phytoplex and phyto feast are good products.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I wouldn't use any of the Kent feeds, they are loaded with garbage to keep the product from spoiling on the shelf. Whatever phyto you decide to go with should be refrigerated or at least freeze dried. No liquid phyto kept at room temperature on a shelf, it's just a waste of money. Phytofeast from Reef Nutrition is the best in my opinion. However, blastomussa isn't going to eat phyto, the particle size is way too small for them to capture. You want to feed them meaty foods such as mysis. You can soak the mysis in a little bit of phyto to act as a gut load but dumping it into the tank in the hopes it will consume it is counter productive.

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
As are mine. I have red with green centers they swell up HUGE!! I try to spot feed each head , but have to make sure that they have time to close up on the food before something else steals it. Meaty foods mine seem to like!!!

tentacles

cephalopod enthusiast
Rating - 95%
38   2   0
My blastos didn't seem to grow at all for months (even with target feeding) then out of nowhere started sprouting heads like crazy! They loved the fauna Marin food and mysis. They also seemed to grow more when I started feeding coral frenzy ~ 1x per week.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: