jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
more gone today looks like the face of the acan comes right off the skull i can peel it right off the skull is there anything i can do? i dipped and dipped wached at nightn did see anything eatting them does anybody have an idea?

flipit13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
i would get a mag test kit i had a problem with heads on acans and found mag was low and the cause. just my .02

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
i got it but i do 10 gallon water per week on a 40 gallon tank its going to use that much mag in 7 days ? i have a test kit laying around here somewhere let me look

flipit13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
you will be surprised what a tank will use up in 7 days. i am plus what salt are you using i know alot of the companies the mag levels are low. i have used seachem brightwell and esv and by far esv has the highest mag levels. next would be seachem reef and the worst i have seen is brightwell very low like 1288 and that isnt even stable for a reef

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
pics the flesh is just peeling off them this is the 4 one this week

Attachments

• 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 271
  • 040.jpg
    040.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 270
  • 041.jpg
    041.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 268
  • 042.jpg
    042.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 274
  • 043.jpg
    043.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 264
  • 044.jpg
    044.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 270
  • 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 265
  • 047.jpg
    047.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 264
  • 046.jpg
    046.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 266

emmanuel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
i had the same thing happening to a bunch of my colonies lost a few I thoughtit was my alkalinity fluctuating but after stabilizing it the acans still receeded then I realized my metal stand was dropping a lot of rust in my sump that's when I made a pan to stop rust from getting in the sump and the receeding stopped I don't know if rust was the cause but you should check your setup if you have mag pumps sometimes the screws rust
It's a long shot but I can't think of anything else thats all I did besides dipping some of the colonies wich didn't help

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
i had the same thing happening to a bunch of my colonies lost a few I thoughtit was my alkalinity fluctuating but after stabilizing it the acans still receeded then I realized my metal stand was dropping a lot of rust in my sump that's when I made a pan to stop rust from getting in the sump and the receeding stopped I don't know if rust was the cause but you should check your setup if you have mag pumps sometimes the screws rust
It's a long shot but I can't think of anything else thats all I did besides dipping some of the colonies wich didn't help

That's an interesting thought Manny. Maybe Jeremy should get a poly-pad and see if it is picking up any impurities his test kits aren't finding...can't hurt.

adamt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
sorry you lost ur coral :( it sucks when that happens. Not sure if that was the same acans as the ones around it but if it is i know someone who has them for like $10 a head. Not trying to solicit or anything but if ur gonna replace it send me a pm and ill give him a call. Again im not trying to sell you anything and i wouldnt be making anything just wanna help ya out with getting another one if thats what ur gonna do.

its wierd cus ur other ones seem to be doing really well.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: