MarvinsReef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, it's been 6 months since I was bitten by the Aussie Scolymia bug... I'm very thankful that I'm able to collect these guys and so far, each one seems to be pretty happy... I wanna thank the vendors and fellow reefers that helped me find these pieces and/or have sold me these pieces... it's greatly appreciated... some have asked how many Aussie scolymias I have now so I thought I'd post them all here... next project is to purchase a Canon T2i DSLR and a decent macro lens to take better shots of these guys, and ofcourse HD vids of them feeding...I hope this helps influence a few more people to collect these beauties... Enjoy!!! :D

my Aussie Scolymia collection as of 05-03-2010...

02-15-2010Scolly4Ed.jpg

02-15-2010Scolly1Ed.jpg

02-15-2010Scolly2Ed.jpg

02-15-2010Scolly3Ed.jpg

02-15-2010Scolly5Ed.jpg

02-07-2010_ScollyBA1.jpg

03-07-2010Scolly1.jpg

03-12-10Scolly1.jpg

05-04-2010Scolymia2A.jpg

05-03-2010Scolymia1.jpg

05-04-2010Scolymia3B.jpg

06-17-10Scolymia.jpg

Group Shots
02-15-2010ScolliesEd.jpg

05-04-2010Trio2.jpg

btw, I used 3 different PnS cameras on these pics so the white balance is not all the same, unfortunately... but you get the idea what they look like... some have seen these guys in person so I'll leave it up to them to comment... any input appreciated... Thanks... :)

Last edited:

MarvinsReef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice. im jealous
marvin we gonna rename u tha scolly man nice collection u have there
Awesome Scoly
:bigeyes2: < speachless
Thank you all... I appreciate the kind words... :)

thats like 3 g's worth of scollys, what do you do for a job and how do you do it
lotsa frags went out to pay for these... it was a 6 months stretch so it wasn't that bad... if I bought every singe scolymia I liked, I'll be in sooo much trouble... LoLz... really, this is just a combination of years of collecting high end corals... I spent my 1st 2 years putting some $ in the tank but the past 3 years, the tank has been paying for itself, the corals, fishes, equipments, etc... but the 1st 2 years were lotsa work... ;)

That darker blackish one is ssiiiccckkk Where did you get that one?!
which one is this one? if it's this, then I got it from Cherry Corals... Thanks again Todd and Brett... :D
05-04-2010Scolymia2A.jpg

MarvinsReef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got a great deal on some of them... :)

I forgot to tell you.....I'm your brother also !!!

They all look crazy....good work.
LoLz... my brother might have another surprise coming his way... he already inherited the 2 Aussie scolymias, a bunch of high end frags, a Lineatus wrasse and a pair of Red Velvet wrasses... I'm sure he'll be returning the favor when he can... ;)

very very VERY nice. any nice actinic shotS?
Thank you... my PnS cameras are crap when it comes to actinics... LoLz... when I get the Canon T2i, I'll be going wild with pics again... haha... :)

Yes actinic :headache:shots please

And wow - so many.. I dont have even one :dead1:
hopefully, this will encourage you to try at least one... I'm telling you, you'll enjoy them... esp feeding them... ;)

Great collection, I'm still undecided to spend $100+ on a 2" coral. Mind giving me one as well? :)
Thanks... I have a few that are good 4" around... :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: