tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
I just visited the store the other day after reading these great reviews. Honestly, it was a nice store, well kept, nice livestock..however I didn't think it was that amazing! The corals in the basement we far nicer than any coral upstairs.

I actually think their prices weren't high compared to places in southern CT. Especially for the frags.

Its a nice store, Oliver was great! So were the frags I bought! I would visit the store again. Parking when there is snow all over is a pain though.

i suppose you are spoiled by the stores in ct...lol...(they ARE truly amazing)....that's why it's not that amazing nor expensive for you. but if you'd see some of the crappy stores around here, then you would think MA is the best. everything is relative....if you're accustomed to a bentley, a lexus is not that amazing but for some of us who take the subway,...it's leaps and bounds.....lol.:wink1:

lljsreptiles

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I would have to agree with both Tom and Super. The store in CT are amazing, and much higher pricing. Also, that MA is the best in the city.

The only thing I do not like about the store is that there are no hours posted on the site! They also do not have an answering machine with any hours on it. I drove down this morning thinking they would be open at 11. Most stores open at 10. They were closed at 11. I drove around until 11:30, and they were still closed. I waisted 2 hours of time, tolls and gas.

The nicest corals they have are the corals in the basement, which they use on the website. So, if you aren't from the city..there is really no reason to go there. just shop online.

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
The answering machine has hours of operation and so does the website, but during business hours they often do not answer the telephone for the tollfree number. (I keep losing the local number! Need to save it to my telephone)

Are they open today? (Day after Christmas) I was planning on heading down later to pick up a coral I ordered online.

Alfred

Manhattan Aquariums

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 95.7%
90   4   0
Hope everyone had a safe & relaxing Christmas. :)

Yes, we are open today from 12 to 6. Alfredo, I'm not in today but I've asked Kevin to put aside your frag for you if you're picking up.

For all UC matters, it's fastest to email me at [email protected] or my google voice # (518) 712-9466 instead of the toll free # since I'm always near my iPhone. For all MA matters, please call the local #. :)

lljsreptiles: Yikes...I'm extremely sorry to hear that, please accept our sincerest apologies! As Alfredo pointed out, our hours are posted on our website & under our signature / profile here on MR. Please shoot me a PM or give us a call next time you're swinging by...I'll make sure that we take care of you to make up for this inconvenience.

As for the topic of corals in the basement - Our main reason & concern for not actively inviting customers to look downstairs is for safety and insurance purposes. The basement is, after all, majorly used as a storage facility for our service company, livestock that is being quarantined, and all other extra equipments such as sumps & refugiums for our displays upstairs. To put it simply, it technically is not open to the public for walk-in customers :) As long as you are aware of the issues listed above and agree to our terms, simply make an appointment with either Joe, Vince or Kevin to give you a small tour of the UC facility downstairs.

We appreciate everyone's kind words and it only motivates us to continue improving our store! Looking forward to a great new year with all of your continued support. :)

lljsreptiles

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I finally just found the hours on the site under "contact us". You should post them somewhere more visable and easier to find.

Thanks, I hope to plan a trip down there again...I will let you know before I come this time..

Rating - 100%
164   0   0
The store hours are listed on their retail sales site www.uniquecorals.com. I called yesterday and spoke with someone.
...The only thing I do not like about the store is that there are no hours posted on the site! They also do not have an answering machine with any hours on it. I drove down this morning thinking they would be open at 11. Most stores open at 10. They were closed at 11. I drove around until 11:30, and they were still closed. I waisted 2 hours of time, tolls and gas...

nycdominicanreef

one frag at a time
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
No questions asked

Hands down the best store in the city, very knowledgeable, friendly, go the extra mile for a customer (did not have something and went online to check other stores)
will be back again and again.
Set up the tank in the front, we are dieing to see it, and make a tank thread for it

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I went back to pick up a frag I purchased online during their Christmas day sale (30% off!!!) and picked up a replacement for one frag that did not make it. They not only replaced the frag, but let my wife choose which coral we wanted.

I look forward to the new year and better pricing being discussed. Now that the owner has made his own contacts in Australia it should prove to be very interesting! The only "negative" thing I have ever heard about them is that they were too expensive. The team over there are friendly, willing to help and obviously know a thing or two about reef keeping!

Alfred

Jbanks

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Went there for the second time tonight.. MA is top notch with their knowlede and service.. You don't want to leave the place. Thanks to Kevin for helping me out tonight. I came away with some really nice ORA frags (finally got my Hawkins) and a small colony without breaking my pockets. Thumbs up to MA!

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
Was in there Tuesday night looking for a mini elegance. No more left but I did get a smallish purple tip. I can't say enough about that place.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

because i took the last one of the "mini" elegance. not exactly the 2" i was hoping for but kevin let me pick anyone i wanted since the one i bought online was picked up by someone else. got a really nice 3" or so pink tip which is doing well in my dt. plus ended up picking up an ora blue voodoo... big frag at a good price also. thanks kevin.

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
I have say my eyes droped! And I looked into my wallet lol! It is an amazing place I took my girlfriend there and told her I wanted the little round tank in our future home lol. As for parking I would pay b/c I will be taking along time lol but it's worth it. Tanks are amazing those guys really really know what they are talking about. Nothing but good things about them.. If you haven't gone you should!! And you get a discount lol :)

32Bit_Fish

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
My wife and I visited the store on V Day and we love what we saw. :inlove:

The huge round tank is amazing with gigantic clams in it. The staff were friendly as well and willing to give me that shark for free, no! :kidding:

I wish I live closer, but will definitly visit them more later.

krak256

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
great stuff and friendly staff! best store in manhattan! ive been there 3 times in the last 3 weeks... i may have an addiction

and for all the ladies, kevin is quite the looker and charming to boot! hahaha

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: