Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Hey Everyone:

It has been a while since I have posted, things got pretty ugly with the business and we also had a second little girl, so my reef tanks had to drop on my priority list.

BUT- I decided to work on my tank a bit and figured I would check out some of the stores. Boy am I glad I did!

For the past few months I have been really hesitant to visit Manhattan Aquariums/Unique Corals because their website prices appeared to be very high. But after visiting the place and meeting with Vince and the other guys over there I have to say that this is the BEST place there is in New York.

Prices are on the high side for very special items (rare corals and colors can be pricy) BUT- they do NOT skimp on care. They have an amazing set-up and they are FIRST RATE. Plus, they have a selection of some of the nicest SPS and LPS corals I have seen anywhere. I went to pick-up one frag of montipora that was "hot" orange with pink polyps because it was on their daily sale and walked out with four frags, each of which were from Australia.

One more thing- they actually know what they are talking about and are pretty friendly (unlike some other stores which I will not name)

They are located at: 522 West 37th Street (Between 10th and 11th Ave)

Best,

Alfred

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
It is SWEET. Did you get a tour of the basement? I saw their frag tanks and their plumbing. I can really respect them charging a premium, they are putting some serious $$$ and TLC into whatever they sell.

Alfred

Manhattan Aquariums

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 95.7%
90   4   0
Alfred, it was a pleasure meeting you today and my apologies for not getting to say bye before you left. Thank you for sharing your in-depth knowledge on various topics we discussed, it was very educating for me and the others. Your kind words are much appreciated! Looking forward to your next visit. :)

Wolverine57

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.4%
246   4   0
Alfred I aggree with you 100% As for the parking..hmmm a little tight the parking, but you will find a spot...LOL
Its worth going! They do have amazing corals, colors are assume..I love that round tank..wish I had room for it..LOL
Customer service is outstanding every single employee there treat you as a friend...including da famous Kigs! Yes the prices are on the high side, but you get rewarded with reasonable discounts because they want you to come back. Its been a while for me, cause I'm about 3 hours away. But will definitely recommend that place or Palace...they should call that place "The Manhattan Aquarium Palace"! The owner hats off to the best LFS in the North >East >South >West!

thesauce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I always look forward to going here. I gotta check out the basement next time. They are also putting that new tank in near the entrance, I think its going to be an all Australian reef.

pdnyc69

acan and zoa master
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Top notch place. Prices are a lil bit high but well worth it for the kind of service you get there. Mr members 10% off. I've dealt with Oliver and Kevin there. Both very knowledgeable and friendly. Would recomend to anyone

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
They were primarily a maintenance company, but started selling retail within the past few years. Their systems are well set-up and cared for.

Some items are a bit on the pricy side but with the MR discount and the extra TLC they are providing it is worth it.

Alfred

SeaIsle

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have to contirbute to this as well. Was there last night and the shop is continually improving which is the sign of a well run business. Vince was awesome and more helpful than one could ask. The shark/ray tank and cylinder reef tank are worth a trip alone. With the amount and array of coral in stock you will defintely be extremely happy with the trip. oh and they have fish too!

S

super88

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I just visited the store the other day after reading these great reviews. Honestly, it was a nice store, well kept, nice livestock..however I didn't think it was that amazing! The corals in the basement we far nicer than any coral upstairs.

I actually think their prices weren't high compared to places in southern CT. Especially for the frags.

Its a nice store, Oliver was great! So were the frags I bought! I would visit the store again. Parking when there is snow all over is a pain though.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: