NYC Joe

Seahorses yea!
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Had a few. Had like 10 head frag.
I cut most of them off and divide btwn my 2 tanks. One at home and one at work. I put about 3 heads. In this tank. Last swap. This is what happened.

In my large tank. They didn't really do anything.lol. Maybe 2-4 popped up. Since.

Thanx
-Joe

NYC Joe

Seahorses yea!
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Thanx trauma.
It is a very cool tank. Labor of love really. I don't really do much maintenance on it. Since I've been busy a lot.
I really think its because of the LEDs.
Those were since aug?

Tanks been running for much longer than that. Had it with crap lights for about 3 months before that. And had it at home for a prior 6 months. Fine tuning it and finding out the quirks.

Thanx
-Joe

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yeah...I read up on the old ones with the halogens. I pulled the trigger when they came out with the LED models. I supplement the lighting with a Marineland LED fixture that I put to the front of the cover. Surprisingly enough, I've had no problems with the corals. I do have a couple of Goniopora that I had gotten from friends that seem to be doing ok, but am waiting for the demise to occur, lol. Other than that I have the typical fare, torch, frogspawn, zoas, candy canes and some various mushrooms. I did have a banggai cardinal in there, but for some reason the thing never ate and wasted away. I've since settled on a pair of clowns and a firefish goby. So far so good, although the urge to add more seems rather overwhelming at times.

NYC Joe

Seahorses yea!
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Yea tell me about it. I want to treat it like my 60 gal!
I did have a sexy shrimp in there. But haven't seen him in A while.
Going to get a few Next time I find them. They are such characters.

Thanx
-Joe

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
i would not trust anything from that system petco on union square all there tank had ick in it and who know what else and the coral tanks had serious algy issue and the bad thing was when i was there this week they were still adding fish from a delivery to the tanks

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I bought a couple of boxer crabs in there about 3 months ago...that was all. I usually go to a place Reef Encounters in Hackensack by one of the buildings I do business in, as well as, a couple of small LFS where I live to get my fish, corals, etc.

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
I can't make it to the swap I have to work upstate the next few weekend am building a 2 car garage with chill out room above ..ill see if I can get them other wise thanks for letting me know

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: