• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

JeremyXXX

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
BoostLED.com called me back and they're sending me a second replacement. I'm gonna see if they can send me something to make up for all of this BS like a free moonlight kit or something...well see. For now, my torch coral is in my friends tank doing great and my feather duster and clowns are happy as could be.

I just put an Aquaclear 115 skimmer on the tank so it should "break in" in a week or so I hope.

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Maybe a free reef clamp and I'll buy it off from you. :)
I hope all goes well with the new one coming.
BoostLed has a good rep but sometimes these things just happen.
It's good that your livestock are ok right now.

Is it the aquaticlife mini 115 that you have? Is it in tank?

JeremyXXX

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
The light is 6" from the water and I never really have it on for excessive amount of time. Do you have a fan on your light?
Protein Skimmer seems to be breaking in quickly already noticing a lot less micro bubbles just need to tweek the flow rate now.

JeremyXXX

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
No need for a filter anymore this skimmer is working great for me. Gonna give this replacement light another couple days to make sure it's good then I'll get my torch back from my friend and go pick up a couple more frags.

JeremyXXX

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Torch is looking great in my friends 90 gallon and his clowns look like they wanna host it so I may let him keep it. For now, I picked up a single duncan polyp so well see how it looks in a few hours.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not in your best interest to let the clowns try and possibly host your torch, they're not anemones which are much more comfortable when clowns host them. Clowns swimming in/out of the torch can stress and even kill the coral after prolonged irritation.

JeremyXXX

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Thanks for the heads up. Turns out they didn't try and host the torch so I'm gonna take it back tomorrow since my duncan coral seems to be dong great in my tank. Cleanup crew is doing work on this algae but I'm gonna need to get more in a week or so probably.

I also have some random stick looking things on my sand bed...any ideas? Picture to follow.

JeremyXXX

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Here's a quick picture...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs1344542495.298933.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1344542495.298933.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 272

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: