• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

ok, everything is settling in nicely, and seems to appreciate the removal of about 1/4-1/3 of the sand bed. the frilly yellow leather should be fully upright in a week or so (i had to rip it when seperating the rocks it was stuck between for the rescape, heh)

a few minor re-positions, and some last tiny add-ons, and i think the tank is about as close to what i was driving for as i will get, structurally (famous last words :P )

some shots from today :)

Attachments

• newfull41509.JPG
    newfull41509.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 611
  • IMG_3489a.JPG
    IMG_3489a.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 614
  • IMG_3515a.JPG
    IMG_3515a.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 625
A

Anonymous

Attachments

• IMG_3524a.JPG
    IMG_3524a.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 615
  • IMG_3526a.JPG
    IMG_3526a.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 614
A

Anonymous

a shot w/the new lighting, (changed the ushio 14K to an AB 20K, 70 watt de, and added another 'actinic' pc bulb, which isn't actinic, but i like it's look enough to stay with it for now ) just after nagging/nudging/moving some corals for yet another final last time :P and shortly before the halide goes out for the eve

i think the tank is pretty much stuffed to the gills-there's also some more crapola hidden behind the first rock layer that will eventually get moved on up/creep up on their own :)

the powerhead in the left corner will be slightly redone in a day or two :P

Attachments

• newlighting41909a.JPG
    newlighting41909a.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 570
A

Anonymous

Looking great Vitz, but that new lighting is blue! How does it look in person?

A

Anonymous

The Escaped Ape":2ql80wd6 said:
Looking great Vitz, but that new lighting is blue! How does it look in person?

it's that blue and dark due to the camera settings-in a few days i'll post some pics that are close to what i actually see-the tank is quite bright, in real life ;)

A

Anonymous

Looking forward to it. Those corals are really over everything. You've built up quite a tapestry there.

A

Anonymous

here's the tank w/the halide only, and the full lighting (a 65 watt actinic pc and an 'overdriven' 55 watt pc (both run on 65 watt ballasts)

it's still a tad darker than what's actually seen, methinks ;)

Attachments

• fulllightinga.JPG
    fulllightinga.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 546
  • halideonlya.JPG
    halideonlya.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 544
A

Anonymous

part of the issue is getting too much glare (look at the red lobo) when i try to get the 'true' appearance by either playing w/the f stop or shutter speed to get the 'true' amount of light portrayed

A

Anonymous

Your shots are a hell of a lot better than I managed on my old tank. I still regret having taken so few. Good work.

A

Anonymous

Looks more like this?

There's not much room left in there since everything is growing out so good. :D

Attachments

• halideonlya.jpg
    halideonlya.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 541
A

Anonymous

The Escaped Ape":8t1noa2a said:
Your shots are a hell of a lot better than I managed on my old tank. I still regret having taken so few. Good work.

thx

A

Anonymous

Gman0526":g8v0xf4t said:
Looks more like this?

There's not much room left in there since everything is growing out so good. :D

thx

there's always room for just one more zoa frag-soon i may be gluing some to the front of the overflow box ;) :P

A

Anonymous

ok i just tried playing with the white balance-took a thin round styro 'wafer' (the lining used for the plastic screw down caps on fish food jars as a seal), clipped it to the overflow box front, zoomed in on it and let the camera autoset the wb on that

here's a 3 series of shots of the bottom 1/2 of the stack:

Attachments

• newwb3.JPG
    newwb3.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 524
  • newwb2.JPG
    newwb2.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 521
  • newwb1.JPG
    newwb1.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 519
A

Anonymous

still not absolutely pleased with the color/tone renditioning by the camera, i then tried one of the white balance presets available on the menu

here's 2 sets of shots-it's very closely approaching the look of the tank, once edited w/.the camera's (canon) software-generally only cropping and one 'auto adjustment' click

the bicolor blenny, for once, was semi-cooperative :P :

Attachments

• bicolorstarcki2a.JPG
    bicolorstarcki2a.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 489
  • bicolorstarcki3a.JPG
    bicolorstarcki3a.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 484
  • bicolortarcki1a.JPG
    bicolortarcki1a.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 490
A

Anonymous

2nd set...

Attachments

• pbst1a.JPG
    pbst1a.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 483
  • starckiriczoa1a.JPG
    starckiriczoa1a.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 484
  • starckizoaric1a.JPG
    starckizoaric1a.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 485
A

Anonymous

That blueish tint is the sort of thing you'd see underwater, but I'm still not 100% convinced. As said before, the tank's looking great. Just a little blue for my taste maybe...

Banggai

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't help but notice that in January you mentioned you'd move your tank or sell/give it away as it's obviously too big for the tank. Minimum swimming room, as many know, is 70g.

Skip ahead to March and poor tangie is still in your tank... any updates???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: