• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

here's the starcki posing at the gramma :

Attachments

• starckidisplay1409.JPG
    starckidisplay1409.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 939
A

Anonymous

Lovely shot Vitz. Those damsels are really pretty sweet.

A

Anonymous

a night shot w/flash, iso=80, one 55wt pc actinic (there's a bi-color blenny looking at you somewhere in this shot) :P

Attachments

• pbgramma1909a.JPG
    pbgramma1909a.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 899

naesco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What the %#$@!!!!
Vitz, having been chased off the industry forum you are now trying to impress newbies with your pics.

Let me remind you. Tangs are swimmers. They require the longer (6 feet) tanks that larger tanks provide.
We have a duty to the fish we keep to provide optimal conditions for them.
Nothing less is acceptable.
As an owner of a fish store, you are setting a very poor example for your industry.
Shame on you.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
naesco":1y2lihlo said:
What the %#$@!!!!
Vitz, having been chased off the industry forum you are now trying to impress newbies with your pics.

Let me remind you. Tangs are swimmers. They require the longer (6 feet) tanks that larger tanks provide.
We have a duty to the fish we keep to provide optimal conditions for them.
Nothing less is acceptable.
As an owner of a fish store, you are setting a very poor example for your industry.
Shame on you.

moron

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it was either this, or death-this fish has at least tripled its mass since its 'rescue'

i'd say the tang got the best deal, and given my experience with nursing THOUSANDS from less than desirable shape to clean eaters in minimal time-i might just have a better clue about what i'm doing than what you could ever hope to learn about tangs

please shut yer piehole-especially when it comes to making politcal posts in the industry forum !!

foo !

naesco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
vitz":333s0rdc said:
it was either this, or death-this fish has at least tripled its mass since its 'rescue'

i'd say the tang got the best deal, and given my experience with nursing THOUSANDS from less than desirable shape to clean eaters in minimal time-i might just have a better clue about what i'm doing than what you could ever hope to learn about tangs

please shut yer piehole-especially when it comes to making politcal posts in the industry forum !!

foo !

Foo you.
If you truly care about the welfare of the tang transfer her to a decently sized tank now.
No, I am not going to make any political posts here to promote your backwater, dated right wing agenda.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
another starcki shot:

Attachments

• sezyou1.JPG
    sezyou1.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 837
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for the deadheads :P

Attachments

• born cross-eyed.jpg
    born cross-eyed.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 823
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some thoughts about powder blue tangs....

for those who are familiar with birds-macaws are a very analogous personality: high strung, needy, and intelligent (no, i'm not equating their intelligence levels :P )

i was cropping the above pic, thinking about what they eat and how (there was an amazing scene from blue planet, iirc, showing a school of powder blues dukin' it out w/a school of convicts for grazing rights on a patch of reef-it was quite intense :) )

then i looked at the size and positioning of the eyes, especially in relation to the mouth

now, pb's crop macro and micro algaes nearly down to the bare rock/substrate surface, and they do it FAST, which means (at least) two things (imo) :

that the part of the brain that is devoted to the eye is most likely very well developed, and -

that because of the phenomenal co-ordination that must exist between what that pb sees and it's teeth (even the very edge of its teeth) a rather relatively large part of it's brain must be devoted to processing that info in real time

it's eyes seem to be very well postioned not only for wide field of view, but for close focusing front and down (think zooming in on a macro-algae stub 2-3" in front of the eyes)

i also wonder if the dark face front and the white 'hind-cheek' affect/benefit sight issues (like the eye makeup worn by football players :P ) in any way

these are the types of things that keep me up late at nite

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh, the basic question is this:

iirc, our brains devote about 40% of it's processing activity to the data fed to it by the eyes (our eyes are THE major organ for gathering info about our surroundings-until blinded, when other senses may take over 'usage rights')

i was wondering how tangs compare

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
vitz":2gklujtt said:
i was wondering how tangs compare

Several doctorates could probably be written about it, if they haven't been already. :)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after modding a korallia2 (removed from the pivot assembly, and glued directly onto the magnet, so as to stick out less from the back pane and sacrificing directability :P ), i had to move the scoly-you can see where the constant flow helped to recede the tissue from the septae

the blasto wellsis are starting to bud around their bases :)

the digi seems to be coming back in some spots, so i'm not yet yanking it :P

i razor the front glass only, about every 3 days-the pb, sea hare, lanthanum, and a small clump of chaeto in the sump are the main algal controls controls for the system :)

about 7 gal/week gets changed out mostly via wet skimming

here's the tank today:

Attachments

• newarr-1-17-09a.JPG
    newarr-1-17-09a.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 733
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after a shot in the butt and some heavy duty painkillers, i was able to get into a chair and finish the arrangement-the pagoda and blasto wellsi were switched after this shot was taken

the acanth is also beginning to pump up nicely :)

Attachments

• acan1a.JPG
    acan1a.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 699
  • newfull2a.JPG
    newfull2a.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 696
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and the actinic shot, showing the switched pagoda/blasto-this will be the final config until stuff has to get removed due to crowding :P

Attachments

• nanofullact1a.JPG
    nanofullact1a.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 673
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: