mbg75

DIATOM MAGNET
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
The defining factor in picture quality is side lighting vs backlighting.
A side lit is just that. Lit from the sides. Resulting in the thin tv's out there.
Back lighting is lit from the back and results in higher contrast ratio's, meaning better picture.

That's why plasma tv's have incredible pictures without the grain.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

IamRobG

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have all 4 Tv's actually

LED-55"
LCD-40"
Plasma-64"
DLP-32" (yeah its old)

Size for price-DLP
Clarity-Plasma
Smoothness-Plasma
Contrast-Plasma
Colors-Plasma
Frame speed-Plasma

Its a shame because i was so anti-plasma for years

LED vs LCD. Other than slim technology and energy efficiency, the picture quality difference is neglible.

probe dms

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
LED.. though my samsung LED makes everything look like dr who. real live. old movies like goonies look like the just went back in time and shot it with a RED HD camera. kinda weird getting use to that look. my lcd doesnt have that same effect.

Tim

Tim`s Aquatics
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Yes the LED`s make most show`s look like they r live. My brotherinlaw has a Sony 52 inch LCD and I have the Samsung 55 LED and he could not believe how much better the pic. quality was on my LED. He was going home and buying one that`s how much he loved it.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
The defining factor in picture quality is side lighting vs backlighting.
A side lit is just that. Lit from the sides. Resulting in the thin tv's out there.
Back lighting is lit from the back and results in higher contrast ratio's, meaning better picture.

That's why plasma tv's have incredible pictures without the grain.

I have all 4 Tv's actually

LED-55"
LCD-40"
Plasma-64"
DLP-32" (yeah its old)

Size for price-DLP
Clarity-Plasma
Smoothness-Plasma
Contrast-Plasma
Colors-Plasma
Frame speed-Plasma

Its a shame because i was so anti-plasma for years

LED vs LCD. Other than slim technology and energy efficiency, the picture quality difference is neglible.
EXACTLY! Everyone gets all caught up in this led hype when the truth is they aren't great tvs they aren't better just BRIGHTER. It doesn't make the picture better at all most lcds and leds run at 120hz which is the speed of frames per second. A PLASMA is 600hz which is an incredible difference especially when watching a fast paced action movie,sporting event etc. You will never see a plasma picture distort unlike an lcd or led which distorts every time the image speeds up. Go watch a basketball game or a soccer game and tell me if you don't see a difference. I have a plasma for the last 4 years and I would never buy anything else. They do run a little hot but it's great for the winter time LOL

ReeferMadness99

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
LED is just the new LCD backlighting technology. Where they use to use Flourescents, now the screen is lit by LEDs. The good part is deeper contrast which means brighter whites and deeper blacks. That basically gives you a sharper image with better color tones. The downside is just like in our hobby, the fluorescent backlighting traditionally gave you more even lighting throughout the picture, LED can cause localized bright zones but if your not a tech freak, probably won't notice. LED runs significantly cooler and lasts longer. You can also get Razor thin panel 1" or less in profile. There really is no reason not to get the LED lCD right now as normal LCD will probably be phased out completely in a year or two.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: