fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Im coming back to NY!!!!! YAY!!! Some of you know my situation already. Ive been looking for work down here for a while and its not working. I hate this freaking state and I tried my best down here. I have a job lined up on LI and I have a place to stay. Im flying into JFK next Wed at 1:00 and was wondering what was the cheapest way to get onto the island. I dont have much cash, so a car service or taxi is outta the question. I know the LIRR is kinda expensive to. I was wondering if there was a cheap bus or something to get me out there. Im still working on some friends but everyone I know is gonna be working that day. If you know of a cheap way please lmk. Thank you

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Da_n it!! If only I had enough gas I would pick you up.;( This is so messed up. We are on a monthly income, and this is the end of the month so very little gas left in my V8, and no cash to fill her up....:sad2:

Can anyone else do this for a fellow reefer? PLEASE

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Thanx for the link custom!! I think thats the best way to go. You wouldn't belive the sh*t I gotta go thru to get from Gainesville to Jacksonville down here! I have to leave at 10:25pm Tue. night on a greyhound bus and I dont get to Jax airport till 9:10 Wed morning!! lol I think they take a whole trip thru the state lol Its only gonna cost me $18 tho

Da_n it!! If only I had enough gas I would pick you up.;( This is so messed up. We are on a monthly income, and this is the end of the month so very little gas left in my V8, and no cash to fill her up....:sad2:

Can anyone else do this for a fellow reefer? PLEASE

Thanks Awi!! I really wasnt asking for a free ride but I am limited on cash. If I had it I would offer you $100 for gas just for the chance of finally meeting you!! I'll find my way. After all, Im coming home!! And I do have many friends and contacts so it shouldnt be to hard to get a ride!! I just want a back up plan in case I cant get picked up.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Thanx for the link custom!! I think thats the best way to go. You wouldn't belive the sh*t I gotta go thru to get from Gainesville to Jacksonville down here! I have to leave at 10:25pm Tue. night on a greyhound bus and I dont get to Jax airport till 9:10 Wed morning!! lol I think they take a whole trip thru the state lol Its only gonna cost me $18 tho

Thanks Awi!! I really wasnt asking for a free ride but I am limited on cash. If I had it I would offer you $100 for gas just for the chance of finally meeting you!! I'll find my way. After all, Im coming home!! And I do have many friends and contacts so it shouldnt be to hard to get a ride!! I just want a back up plan in case I cant get picked up.

That is a heck of a trip.:eek:
I know you did not ask for a free ride, but we should help each other out. That is how I was raised, and it is the way we raised our children. I honestly would not have a problem if we had the gas. Or if you lived nearby, but alas I live 15 -20 min. from JFK, but Patchogue is quite the ways. Besides, when I most needed help it was the MR family that helped me.:hug:

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Yeah, its gonna be a crazy trip but at least my flight is only 2 hours with no transfers lol
And as far as the forum and helping out goes, thats the main reason I try to help as much as I can on here. I dont really know ANYONE on here personally but I feel like we are one big, happy family:hug:

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Any chance you can fly into McArthur instead...that would make things a whole lot easier for you!
Yeah I was trying to do that but the ticket is like $100 more, which I dont have. I also tried to fly outta Gainesville airport down here to make that easier but again, It was alot more money. To fly from Gainesville to McArthur was $320 for a one way ticket. I paid $136 for a one way from Jax to JFK

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Hell yeah he is! Thanx too everyone for their advice and offers. Tom will be picking me up on Wed which will save me some cash and give me a chance to talk reef with someone with out using a keyboard!! lol I can't wait to be back in NY!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: