Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Just wanted to share my experience. Was driving on Bethpage parkway about 1hr ago in Farmingdale with my girlfriend and we saw a Dodge ram in the trees and bushes. Actually wedged in between 2 huge trees and ran over a bunch of smaller ones. I pulled up approximately 100ft ahead and ran over. He was pushing his door open to get out. Luckily he was all intact. Just a huge lump over his left eye. Probably had a concussion because he kept grabbing his left partof his forehead and shivering so I gave him my sweatshirt. He started stumbling all over and told him to sit down on his tailgate. It was pitch black outside and this road has absolutely no lights. Luckily he didn't try to pull some crazy **** and he was a normal person. My girlfriend called 911 as I ran to help. She stayed in the truck locked until I came back just in case. Cops came & I didn't want to stick around so I took off when the ambulance came. Just wanted to share my experience with everyone. I always try to help when I can. Just treat people how you would like to be treat... :D

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
You're a good man. There should be more people like you in this world. I try to help when I can also. I wasn't always like that but since I've grown older I've been thinking about that whole karma thing myself. I think its better to help people with no personal gain then to be a shrewd bastard and shrug everyone off.

JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Just wanted to share my experience. Was driving on Bethpage parkway about 1hr ago in Farmingdale with my girlfriend and we saw a Dodge ram in the trees and bushes. Actually wedged in between 2 huge trees and ran over a bunch of smaller ones. I pulled up approximately 100ft ahead and ran over. He was pushing his door open to get out. Luckily he was all intact. Just a huge lump over his left eye. Probably had a concussion because he kept grabbing his left partof his forehead and shivering so I gave him my sweatshirt. He started stumbling all over and told him to sit down on his tailgate. It was pitch black outside and this road has absolutely no lights. Luckily he didn't try to pull some crazy **** and he was a normal person. My girlfriend called 911 as I ran to help. She stayed in the truck locked until I came back just in case. Cops came & I didn't want to stick around so I took off when the ambulance came. Just wanted to share my experience with everyone. I always try to help when I can. Just treat people how you would like to be treat... :D

Good job!!!
How many other people stopped?
I do that all the time even if a car is pulled over with a flat tire

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I wanted to clarify as not to seem like im trolling (irony).

I often see people, such as yourself, post things like this on forums or people I run into in real life retell these accounts of helping a fellow man out. I think its great you stopped. If i was hurt, you better believe i would want a guy like you around. I cant say I would do the same.

I just question the motives of telling others about your bravery. More from a psychological stand point, its interesting. It's like bragging without looking like a jerk. Much like, 'hey all look at this amazing thing i did. Praise me.' Although it was a great thing you did, I just wonder the difference between telling everyone you know that you did this act, or if one just kept it to yourself. Much like it was a selfless act that you did not need to receive credit for because its just who you are to do thing like that.

Like I said, its cool you did that. Im just philosophically debating the question of why people tell other or keep it to themselves and the various motivations behind that. Its interesting.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
I wanted to clarify as not to seem like im trolling (irony).

I often see people, such as yourself, post things like this on forums or people I run into in real life retell these accounts of helping a fellow man out. I think its great you stopped. If i was hurt, you better believe i would want a guy like you around. I cant say I would do the same.

I just question the motives of telling others about your bravery. More from a psychological stand point, its interesting. It's like bragging without looking like a jerk. Much like, 'hey all look at this amazing thing i did. Praise me.' Although it was a great thing you did, I just wonder the difference between telling everyone you know that you did this act, or if one just kept it to yourself. Much like it was a selfless act that you did not need to receive credit for because its just who you are to do thing like that.

Like I said, its cool you did that. Im just philosophically debating the question of why people tell other or keep it to themselves and the various motivations behind that. Its interesting.
I have to agree. See now if someone for example the guy who crashed posted a thread about how someone stopped to help him it's different but when you do it it's like you are bragging and just looking for people to say how nice you are.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I dont give a rats *** what you think or do. I posted this to share my experiance. Not to receive praise or Thanks from anyone. I treat others how I would want to be treated. Hence why I stopped to help and posting this would inspire a few individuals to help someone in need one day. Making the world a better place especially in our own backyard.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: