Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Before the otterbox came out I went thru 3-4 cell phones a year because of construction so this $50 purchase saved me a ton of $$$
Yeah it's big but I never put it in my pocket so I bought a clip so makes easier

Same here and I may have had u beat in some years. Otterbox's quality has suffered badly imo for the past five years or so compared to when they first came out. I kept breaking the otterboxes but my phones were still in good working order. My new otterbox is quite step upon quality however and I don't think I'll damage this one nearly as easily as others I've had in the past. It seems that they stopped trying to pleases the masses that wanted a sleek and compact protective case and finally just made a durable protective case again. My new otterbox is huge but for the first time in 4-5 years I feel like I got a case worthy of their reputation again.

Last edited:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
You guys never heard of the "LifeProof" cases? My son has it for his old iPhone 4S. He has put the phone in the pool no problem. I'm sure he has also dropped it being that he is an auto motive technician.

BTW, if you have the unlimited plan with AT&T you can change your phone, and still retain your unlimited data plan.;) The only thing you cannot do is terminate, transfer to another person, or temporarily suspend your service. As long as your service is running you have the unlimited, of course unless you tell them to change it to another service such as the 5 giga.
I will have to wait til January/2013 for mine, or pay $286 now. I think I shall wait.;)

natesreef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I don't understand how people say that iTunes is easier??? what is easier than plugging your phone into any pc and using it like a storage device and just drop the filed that you want.... oh I forgot you need iTunes... imo iTunes is one the things I hate about apple that you have to use iTunes..

It's not necessarily that iTunes is easier, it's more that I have all of my music on iTunes that ive accumulated over 6 or 7 years so in order to switch over to a galaxy I'd have to either get all the songs again or id have to spend the time to convert it off of iTunes into something like Windows media player. At this point it's just easier for me to get my new iPhone, plug it in to my computer, and load all of the songs on from iTunes.

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
iPhone has one single source to back up sync and restore 100% of the smartphone firmware and data. To include songs photos app data everything.
I don't see how that is easy either. It would be so much easier to have to manage that separately. Joke.

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
You guys never heard of the "LifeProof" cases? My son has it for his old iPhone 4S. He has put the phone in the pool no problem. I'm sure he has also dropped it being that he is an auto motive technician.

BTW, if you have the unlimited plan with AT&T you can change your phone, and still retain your unlimited data plan.;) The only thing you cannot do is terminate, transfer to another person, or temporarily suspend your service. As long as your service is running you have the unlimited, of course unless you tell them to change it to another service such as the 5 giga.
I will have to wait til January/2013 for mine, or pay $286 now. I think I shall wait.;)

sounds good unfortunately they haven't come out with cases for anything other iPhones. I just checked their link and they say their working on it. If they're water proof, I'll definitely give'em a try.

thanks

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I do like my iPhone, but I will say one thing-- the keyboards are absolute garbage. Same with any other touch screen phone I've seen. It's honestly incredible how awful they are. It's not like a touch screen is new tech either. In this rant :)lol2:) I must have had to delete or autocorrect (which is another awful feature) easily ten times. Ridiculous.

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
I do like my iPhone, but I will say one thing-- the keyboards are absolute garbage. Same with any other touch screen phone I've seen. It's honestly incredible how awful they are. It's not like a touch screen is new tech either. In this rant :)lol2:) I must have had to delete or autocorrect (which is another awful feature) easily ten times. Ridiculous.

I agree! All of what u said is one more reason I like my HTC a bit more than others, because it has 4 individual cursor buttons for up, down, back and forth to make it a little easier when you can't get the accuracy you're looking for when sometimes it seems no.matter how much we try to.get the cursor where you want it to be and.just can't and usually have to go back.to.the home page and back in to rectify the issue.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0

+1

I noticed it's not just me who have typos all the time, more and more posts are filled with it. I reasoned that to the auto-correct or auto-whatever that somehow get us into it.

As for touch screen accuracy, it seems to me that the older Motorola tiny screen, much less resolution, smart phone was doing much better than the current smart phones.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
I don't understand how people say that iTunes is easier??? what is easier than plugging your phone into any pc and using it like a storage device and just drop the filed that you want.... oh I forgot you need iTunes... imo iTunes is one the things I hate about apple that you have to use iTunes..
Yea and if you want music from someone else's computer you would have to dl itunes load all your crap onto their computer add the new songs then sync it. That should only take about 3 years to do. TERRIBLE. It's much easier to like you said just use it like a storage device you can also transfer songs and pics from an external hard drive or flash drive/other memory card etc. much easier.

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I could see you taking three years to figure out how to sync a smartphone.

The iPhone can be used to drag and drop files without iTunes. I use this function all the time. It is also the default window that pops up whenever you plug USB into a PC.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
I could see you taking three years to figure out how to sync a smartphone.

The iPhone can be used to drag and drop files without iTunes. I use this function all the time. It is also the default window that pops up whenever you plug USB into a PC.

Yea and I could see you making a douchey comment like that but what else is new? Enjoy your overpriced junk that is barely better than the last 3.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: