lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
On Verizon, probably...AT&T lets you keep it for now...but I looked at my data, 4GB is about 2.5x my requirement and only $10 for another 2GB...so not bad. Biggest hate is that AT&T also won't let you FaceTime over cellular with the unlimited plans or tiered plans...only the shared data...totally ridiculous, they'll get sued eventually for restricting it.

bigdog1428

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 88.1%
59   8   0
Actually it's not, Apple is suing Samsung because they supposedly have a patent for "any rectangular phone" and "a single home button". Total CRAP but who knows, they'll probably settle. Personally I like the skyrocket it has 4 buttons not just a home, it makes it easier to navigate.

Samsung supposedly lost in court to apple ....

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
I owned 2 iPhones before and this time I am not going with them anymore because of couple things:
1)The claims they made in the sue are nonsense to me. This being one of the major consideration.
2)The iPhone 5 is still not shatter proof, I lost one of my phone due to that and I jsut saw my friend shatter hers a week ago. I see other competing phones have done very good in this aspect.
3)I am not sure how well it resists water, I have seen one of the competing phone actually survived a water bath while the phone is on and it finally shuts off but also accidentally kept turned on a couple of times during the phone is wet.
4)I did not see ground breaking breaking improvement over themselves and other competing phones like they used to be, so point no.2 and no.3 weight a lot more this time.
5)The price is good with the binding of a contract, so for those who are free to choose, it's not a bad choice at all so is MOST other newer phones like SC3 and HTC One X. HTC One X's $99 is really attractive is your are not too much about being TOP, NEWEST, ....

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Samsung supposedly lost in court to apple ....

Yes and no to your reply. So far among all the court cases around the world only US jury favors Apple's design patent. According to the development of the court case, the US judge actually questioned some of the claims' patent applicability. However, according to the words of the many jury themselves, they make the decision by mostly considering whether they look similar rather than the design is even patent applicable. British court actually ruled Apple must make public apology, including Apple's own website, for bringing Samsung to court in recent verdict. Australia also lifted the ban Apple initially requested. Japan also find Samsung is not at the wrongs. Korean court's decision is somewhat 50/50 that BOTH companies are banned to sell certain products because BOTH copy each other.

Last edited:

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
It's just very cut throat competition. Apple has been doing the same thing for years and years they only make their products just a little bit better every time and all the suckers go and buy the "latest and greatest" . It's always the same thing just a little bit updated. Not to mention every time you see someone with an iphone the thing looks like it got run over by a semi! I think those screens crack if you talk too loud lol. Their computers have been crap for years. Please tell me why an apple that had 40 gig HD and 512 mb of ram was 2500 and a pc w/ 250 gig hd and 2gb of ram was 500? It never made sense to me. I'm speaking of a few years ago..now apple finally started to make computers with a decent amount of ram in them but still ridiculously expensive for no reason whatsoever. Even now you can get a pc for 300 bucks all day that will blow away a 1500+ dollar apple.

As far as that trucks full of nickels thing I heard about that, I also heard it was a false story. Who knows? I honestly don't care enough to follow frivolous lawsuits by companies that fear the competition of superior technology.

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Yes to the iPhone 5.

All you haters must love Apple so much to get so riled up about them. Whenever an iPhone comes out you all start crying about this and that. The latest and hottest android whatever of the month comes out and iPhone users could not care less.
The Samsung whatever might be a nice phone to. Who cares! Its not like its a protien skimmer.

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Nothing beats the simplicity of any of the apple products. That's what makes them sell so well. You can throw all the features and sizes and whatever Samsung comes out with on their phones and tablets but the simpler user friendly iPhone will still beat out sales even with 1/4 of the features. Not saying they are terrible products, they are not in any way, but android has to take some hints and dramatically simplify user functions.

I had to get my dad a tablet for email and work, and he's not computer literate at all. It took him 30 seconds to use the iPad in the store and figure oit whats what while he quickly put down the Samsung tablet in the store because it was just too complicated.

I liked the android when I had it, always play with the new ones a little when my workers get new phones but it feels like a chore doing anything on them compared to my iPhone.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Yes to the iPhone 5.

All you haters must love Apple so much to get so riled up about them. Whenever an iPhone comes out you all start crying about this and that. The latest and hottest android whatever of the month comes out and iPhone users could not care less.
The Samsung whatever might be a nice phone to. Who cares! Its not like its a protien skimmer.

Nothing beats the simplicity of any of the apple products. That's what makes them sell so well. You can throw all the features and sizes and whatever Samsung comes out with on their phones and tablets but the simpler user friendly iPhone will still beat out sales even with 1/4 of the features. Not saying they are terrible products, they are not in any way, but android has to take some hints and dramatically simplify user functions.

I had to get my dad a tablet for email and work, and he's not computer literate at all. It took him 30 seconds to use the iPad in the store and figure oit whats what while he quickly put down the Samsung tablet in the store because it was just too complicated.

I liked the android when I had it, always play with the new ones a little when my workers get new phones but it feels like a chore doing anything on them compared to my iPhone.

Big +1 with both of these quotes.

As for the video.. :lol2:

I will admit that the lawsuit was ridiculous and the screens break way too easily. They need to fix that. Not just Apple though. All phones are much too fragile. (Way) back when flip phones were cool (and people used phones to actually talk), my brother dropped his from a 2 story balcony and it didn't have a single dent. Worked like new. Try that with ANY smartphone (other than a Blackberry, possibly).

greybolt03

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Big +1 with both of these quotes.

As for the video.. :lol2:

I will admit that the lawsuit was ridiculous and the screens break way too easily. They need to fix that. Not just Apple though. All phones are much too fragile. (Way) back when flip phones were cool (and people used phones to actually talk), my brother dropped his from a 2 story balcony and it didn't have a single dent. Worked like new. Try that with ANY smartphone (other than a Blackberry, possibly).

The easiest way to fix the breaking problem on the iPhone+iPad is to spend a few extra$s band buy the ottor box I have dropped my phone more times then I can count and have a 2&3 year old that have tossed my phone across the room and not a scratch. Yes the are $50 for the iPhone 5 but well worth it as for the 4-4s you can get one on eBay now for $15-20..

Rating - 99.5%
204   1   0
Here is my phone ..good old brick..
7E87343A-1.jpg

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
The easiest way to fix the breaking problem on the iPhone+iPad is to spend a few extra$s band buy the ottor box I have dropped my phone more times then I can count and have a 2&3 year old that have tossed my phone across the room and not a scratch. Yes the are $50 for the iPhone 5 but well worth it as for the 4-4s you can get one on eBay now for $15-20..

Yeah but then the phone becomes a huge brick that fills up your pocket and makes it next to impossible to reach into your pocket quickly to get anything else out without taking out the phone also. I hate the otter box but it's the only viable protection to actually keep that POS phone from breaking. I hate my iPhone and will be switching back to a normal old cell phone when renewing my contract.

I also hate the prices you pay for data packages when the speed relies on a decent signal. All in all I hate these damn smart phones and I regret ever getting one. Most of the features they come with such a Siri and whatever the other companies voice software are called are just stupid functions for kids to brag to each other about.

Sorry forgot lol- no I wouldn't spend the money on a 5 if I had a 4s

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Yeah but then the phone becomes a huge brick that fills up your pocket and makes it next to impossible to reach into your pocket quickly to get anything else out without taking out the phone also. I hate the otter box but it's the only viable protection to actually keep that POS phone from breaking. I hate my iPhone and will be switching back to a normal old cell phone when renewing my contract.

I also hate the prices you pay for data packages when the speed relies on a decent signal. All in all I hate these damn smart phones and I regret ever getting one. Most of the features they come with such a Siri and whatever the other companies voice software are called are just stupid functions for kids to brag to each other about.

LOL, I agree with the Otterbox being bulky but it is the only way any of my phones stand a chance. My phone went from a sleekly sculted smartphone to a hip mounted LCDTV that looks like one of those huge old Motorola pagers that you could read texted messages on from across the street but whatcha gonna do? =)

I don't really like my iPhone either so I keep it as a spare but unlike you, I really like my smartphone. Half the time I see my old iPhone making it's way around the house, it's 'cause my kid is playing with it.

natesreef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The galaxy s3 blows away the iPhone no doubt. But I'm an apple guy, and I love how easy apple has made it to use iTunes and stuff like AirPlay. It would be a hassle to switch to the galaxy at this point with my over 8 GB's of music So that's why I already Pre ordered my iPhone.

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
The galaxy s3 blows away the iPhone no doubt. But I'm an apple guy, and I love how easy apple has made it to use iTunes and stuff like AirPlay. It would be a hassle to switch to the galaxy at this point with my over 8 GB's of music So that's why I already Pre ordered my iPhone.

I don't understand how people say that iTunes is easier??? what is easier than plugging your phone into any pc and using it like a storage device and just drop the filed that you want.... oh I forgot you need iTunes... imo iTunes is one the things I hate about apple that you have to use iTunes..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: