tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
This is how the diodes will mount on both heat syncs when we build the rectifier:

photo-18_zps6c067bdd.jpg

5x hd alternators, diodes, heat sinks.....rectal fryer.....that thing sure will burn your tender bits if you sit on it buttnecked....:bigeyes:.....lol.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ss2hULhXf04

OK in Russ terms

I got these metal plates, they can't hold water because there are holes in them- those I guess are the things that give the roof some stiffness so it doesnt bend with them antenna things on the roof are put up there and the truck is moving fast I think.

Also got the things with nuts on one end and braided cable on the other- I think those are the widgets that are used to turn that alternating current into direct current--- I think it's like turning house electricity to car electricity and I think those metal slabs with the fins and the box they go in with fans help them keep cool so they don't melt- I think?.

That picture is how they will screw in to do their magical sorcery..:fishhit:

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
hi jim, doesn't auto alternators have built in diodes to convert current to dc? are the ones you bought just straight alternators, so their putting out ac?

on another note, theirs nothing like old school HEI.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
hi jim, doesn't auto alternators have built in diodes to convert current to dc? are the ones you bought just straight alternators, so their putting out ac?

on another note, theirs nothing like old school HEI.

Yes alternators usually come internally rectified but in our case where the alternators are going to be worked hard and will get hot we rectify them externally, the heat kills the diodes.

Yeah they are AC alternators.

Dave Made, wow.....haven't seen one of those in a while. Is Dave still building amps? What radio will you be using?

Yeah Dave is still building but only basically for a small group of people. I'm lucky enough to have a hook up with him through a very good friend who has been a long time trusted friend to Dave. The gold box was built by joe in Carolina that used to build for Dave and still uses Dave's name and design from back then. The black one is a tube box built by Dave himself.

I have a whole selection of radios from export to classic cb. I will be running all of them at different times. I have a connex 3300, a cobra 29, a cobra 29 LXLE 50th anniversary edition as well as a couple of others.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: