Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
People seem to be missing the very things that are supposed to make Americans different from the rest of the world, from the wording in some of these posts, you guys sound like you would love Sharia law... I know it is easy to type about vigilante justice because it is cathartic but come on.
Tim Mcveigh killed more than 50x this amount of Americans and he got his day in court, how can this clown not get his? Doesn't mean he is innocent, it just means we have procedures for these crimes in place and some of you guys seem to be implying that because this one pulled on all of your feel-strings that we just throw out our rights. smh.

Mcveigh should have offed as well.

And James after surviving a terrorist attack by the skin of my teeth, watching people around me get killed call me whatever you want.

The guy should be killed.

Remember the Ten Commandments? Do unto others as you have done to you. Eye for an eye, life for multiple lives.

I also don't really want my tax money feeding this creature for the next 40 years.

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Jimmy, I will call you nothing. I disagree with you pretty strongly on this but that is OK. :) 10 commandments are irrelevant to US law, as I said before, that is almost exactly what sharia law is... following a religious doctrine to govern yourself.... which is also what these two brothers seemed to be doing but if this guy is killed before we have that information we will never know.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
People seem to be missing the very things that are supposed to make Americans different from the rest of the world, from the wording in some of these posts, you guys sound like you would love Sharia law... I know it is easy to type about vigilante justice because it is cathartic but come on.
Tim Mcveigh killed more than 50x this amount of Americans and he got his day in court, how can this clown not get his? Doesn't mean he is innocent, it just means we have procedures for these crimes in place and some of you guys seem to be implying that because this one pulled on all of your feel-strings that we just throw out our rights. smh.

Jimmy, I will call you nothing. I disagree with you pretty strongly on this but that is OK. :) 10 commandments are irrelevant to US law, as I said before, that is almost exactly what sharia law is... following a religious doctrine to govern yourself.... which is also what these two brothers seemed to be doing but if this guy is killed before we have that information we will never know.

Well said James. I've been trying to say essentially this all morning but couldn't get the words out to accurately portray my feelings on the subject.

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Not suggesting we throw our rights away:
I'm saying he should be interviewed. For the simple reason to determine if this was him and his brother acting an individual plan or were they pawns in a bigger plan. It doesn't change what happened, bring peoples families back together, or repair the psyche of the people touched by this. It does however provide a chance to secure vital information to protect more innocent people in the chance they were a small part of a larger plan that could potentially be in place. Mr president doesn't see it this way and I'm guessing we won't ever have the chance to know- I also have a feeling he is being "grilled" for information and just because it was said he won't be interviewed, he already has been and will continue to be interviewed. I'm going to hold that hope -
On flip side: tremendous job by law enforcement with this, they gathered information quickly, acted on it, and were able to bring a small level of comfort to people in the areas effected by taking one down and arresting the other. That manhunt had all the makings of a grand finale. Pretty surprised #2 didn't kill himself or suicide by cop

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0

I know James is all good. I meant it more like call "it" what you want. That would have been a better word. I just don't now nor did I ever feel people that performs acts of terror should be given human rights.

I just find no excuse what so ever to harm innocents for any reason.

And yes pit kudos to law enforcement on this one.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The 10 commandments have nothing to do with this. They are not even laws, just guidelines to morality. "An eye for an eye" is Hammurabi...very primitive. That's just vengeance, not justice. As for "do unto others..." the Golden Rule, again separate from the 10 commandments but meant to be a summation of the first 5 books of the OT, states "Do NOT do unto others as you would NOT have them do unto you". This guy needs to live so we can have a full investigation...I really want to know what was going through their heads...then afterwards, he can have the appropriate sentence.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Who said we are going to feed and house him for 40 years. If there is any intelligence to be had out of this we will get it from him. Then there will be a trial then they will kill him. 5 years tops for him. This falls into federal law he will be executed

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
The moment you sign on to harm a group of people , whether of u.s. soil or foreign , you have surrendered your rights to be trialed as a decent human being ,you no longer serve a safe purpose among society and should not be treated as such!!!

Masterswimmer , you and I think alike , you know as well as many others , that this piece of Kenya tree deserves something long and painfull not a single humanitarian act should be spared on this piece of ish!!!

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Who said we are going to feed and house him for 40 years. If there is any intelligence to be had out of this we will get it from him. Then there will be a trial then they will kill him. 5 years tops for him. This falls into federal law he will be executed

Maybe and maybe not. If he's found not mentally intact enough to be tried or the other million ways to get a person off the hook of the death penalty, even if there's just a glimmer of a chance that's too much for me.

I'll rephrase it I don't want my tax money to pay for 1 day of his meals and bedding.

We are too soft sometimes.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
SWIB, you got it right. My only concern is selfish for the American people. Get every bit of information from this slime ball and then release him to the people of Boston to do with him as they wish.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Right now the issue is whether he is physically intact. If he recovers, there is nothing in his background to indicate that he would be mentally unfit for trial. I am not a believer in the death penalty...but realistically speaking, how long would a guy like this survive in the prison system?

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Right now the issue is whether he is physically intact. If he recovers, there is nothing in his background to indicate that he would be mentally unfit for trial. I am not a believer in the death penalty...but realistically speaking, how long would a guy like this survive in the prison system?

We can go tit for tat all day.

The fact is that lawyers which are scum get paid to lie on behalf of people like him. There have been way too many people that committed hi profile crimes and their hired liars got them life without parole instead of the death penalty.

If you want to speak about him lasting in prison- if you actually think he will be in gen pop you are a bit sheltered. If they protect him from the death penalty they will protect him from the other animals and hell be in isolation his whole life in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: