Status
Not open for further replies.

drej424

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Duke,

The most important thing in stopping an addiction is to not give up trying to quit. People often think that if they try to quit and go back, they have failed. But most people don't stop the first time they try. Just keep trying to quit and you will succeed. Each time you give up smoking, you are one step closer to stopping for good.

Good luck and good health to all!

Regards,
Denise

akma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I use blu ecigs, carry around lots of gum to help me quit. Ive stopped a few times for months at a time but gard to completely quit. I figure with the ecigs if they have 100 bad chemicals its still better than a cigarette with 500 chemicals. I tried chantix but wow. I literally wanted to kill someone.

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Nope keep smoking and I will mount them to a ambulance

what a d*** lol

Buddy just quite bro isnt worth it no more. its not worth putting ya life on the line no more. Yea before when you was younger everything was different but now your older and everything changes. dont take it the wrong way Duke was just giving you some advice. Take a minute and think about dude. :cheers:

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Wow bobby that pic speaks a million words, I have seen a smokers lungs vs a healthy persons lungs right in my hands at the morgue at work, and it's just nasty !!!

Duke if there is anything I can do to help u quit smoking just ask!! We have a full blown smoking program and if I can help with either info , gum, or patches just let me know, I will be more than willing to ship you a care package free , I will even pay next day shipping!!!

Your lungs start healing as quickly as 3 days after you quit! And you start regaining lung capacity, I know you won't heal entirely but you will be taking a promising step towards a longer and healthier life.

1+ Nice Eddie well said buddy couldn't of said it any better dude.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Great thread, thanks for sharing this. Althought I've never in my life smoke cigarettes I grew up in with mother who was a smoker and I know how cigarettes can destroy life. I can imagine it's hard to drop the habit, but please do it before something bad happens to you. My mom quit after similar accident as Bobby, where her doctor told her if she won't quit she'll die. I hope you'll get better Bobby and once again, great thread.

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Tried quitting cold turkey and i was miserable to be around.

Aw, poor other people getting upset that you're trying to save your own life. It must be so tough for them.

Obviously cold turkey is hard. You're going to hate your life for a few months, but the carvings go away. You can get through it if you are dedicated enough and truly truly truly want to quit.

Ecigs are just a means to an end. So now your addicted to ecigs, you cant cold turkey them either, so whats next?

Stop thinking only about the next step in the addiction. Whats the step after ecigs? Ween yourself them? cause that worked so well with real cigs? What will get you off ecigs when that time comes?

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Aw, poor other people getting upset that you're trying to save your own life. It must be so tough for them.

Obviously cold turkey is hard. You're going to hate your life for a few months, but the carvings go away. You can get through it if you are dedicated enough and truly truly truly want to quit.

Ecigs are just a means to an end. So now your addicted to ecigs, you cant cold turkey them either, so whats next?

Stop thinking only about the next step in the addiction. Whats the step after ecigs? Ween yourself them? cause that worked so well with real cigs? What will get you off ecigs when that time comes?

Nice to see your still your understanding self :rolleyes:

Question. Do you currently or have you ever smoked?

Last edited:

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Nice to see your still your understanding self :rolleyes:

What's to understand? When you quit cold turkey and you have withdrawal symptoms people complain about it? Seems like a nice understanding bunch of people concerned about your health and not how it makes them personally feel.

Hey man, smoke till you die. Look your wife and kids in the face then go smoke a cig - I couldnt care less what happens to you. I just hate seeing a human being make poor life choices then try to mitigate them with some bs bandaid (ecig in this case).

I know the feeling, and I tried all those bs ways to get out of it. Gum, ecig, patches - I still went back to the original addiction. If you're an alcoholic and say 'oh, but ill just have light beer and ill be ok' you think that works?

Robbing your wife and kids of a husband and father in 5-10 years or less is selfish. But hey, whatever you choose, good luck.

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
What's to understand? When you quit cold turkey and you have withdrawal symptoms people complain about it? Seems like a nice understanding bunch of people concerned about your health and not how it makes them personally feel.

Hey man, smoke till you die. Look your wife and kids in the face then go smoke a cig - I couldnt care less what happens to you. I just hate seeing a human being make poor life choices then try to mitigate them with some bs bandaid (ecig in this case).

I know the feeling, and I tried all those bs ways to get out of it. Gum, ecig, patches - I still went back to the original addiction. If you're an alcoholic and say 'oh, but ill just have light beer and ill be ok' you think that works?

Robbing your wife and kids of a husband and father in 5-10 years or less is selfish. But hey, whatever you choose, good luck.

The problem is some of us mere mortals don't have the superhero like willpower that you posses. We stand in awe.

That being said As much as I agree with some of the comments here PLEASE do not derail this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: