Status
Not open for further replies.

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Duke, this was
Me the night of January 9, 2013. I was having a heart attack as my wife took the picture. She asked me why I wanted the picture taken. I said so that whenever I want a cigarette I can look at this picture and see how stupid I was. I have 2 boys 10 and 6. My youngest is autistic. Neither is worth a drag on a cigarette anymore. I smoked for 30 yrs. I'm 6' 158lbs so not the classic heart attack victim. The doctor said if I didn't have this one I would have been dead in a year from a massive heart attack. Just put them down. It's the hardest thing I ever did but I feel amazing and it's only been 101 days.

ytypusyq.jpg

Just quit....

Last edited:

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Dude why do you think i wrote that thread but i get answers about things i already looked into and wanted to know about the e-cig. Like i didnt look into the other options. I became addicted at the age of 15 before i knew any better and now i know i dont want anything in my body that i dont need. Since this is just a vapor i figured i would try it seems safe enough and if it gets me off the bad cancer stick its worth it. I wouldnt even take pain meds after my surgery im going to use chantrix that has givin people really bad side effects? Im going to stop. Been 8 hours without one so far this e-cig is taking my cravings away. And someone asked why add to another addiction? Well its still safer then the cigarettes so why not try it. Tried quitting cold turkey and i was miserable to be around.

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Wow bobby that pic speaks a million words, I have seen a smokers lungs vs a healthy persons lungs right in my hands at the morgue at work, and it's just nasty !!!

Duke if there is anything I can do to help u quit smoking just ask!! We have a full blown smoking program and if I can help with either info , gum, or patches just let me know, I will be more than willing to ship you a care package free , I will even pay next day shipping!!!

Your lungs start healing as quickly as 3 days after you quit! And you start regaining lung capacity, I know you won't heal entirely but you will be taking a promising step towards a longer and healthier life.

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Dude why do you think i wrote that thread but i get answers about things i already looked into and wanted to know about the e-cig. Like i didnt look into the other options. I became addicted at the age of 15 before i knew any better and now i know i dont want anything in my body that i dont need. Since this is just a vapor i figured i would try it seems safe enough and if it gets me off the bad cancer stick its worth it. I wouldnt even take pain meds after my surgery im going to use chantrix that has givin people really bad side effects? Im going to stop. Been 8 hours without one so far this e-cig is taking my cravings away. And someone asked why add to another addiction? Well its still safer then the cigarettes so why not try it. Tried quitting cold turkey and i was miserable to be around.

Side effects are person dependant. I had a horrible time with the Chantrix the first time I tried it. Suicidal thoughts, HORRIBLE night terrors etc. Second time was a walk in the park w zero side effects. Buddy of mine walks around w an E-Cig hanging out of his mouth saying how he quit. And honestly thats BS. Bottom line is your not ridding yourself of the nicotine and your not getting rid of the HARDEST part of the habit to break. The feeling of holding one, putting it to your mouth etc. The nicotine craving is gone in 60-72 hours. That's a medical fact. The habitual motions are something that sometimes never go away. Not busting B**** just laying it out for you.

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
I remember walking into the er and seeing bobby he was in bad shape and i i will never forget that
And yes I beat him up bad about smoking but look he is smoke free
Duke stop the bs and stop you have kids and a family it's only going to kill you
But the only way your going to do it is if you want to stop completely if your 100% ready to quit then throw the things out and stop
Or I will get a pic of you when your in the hospital bed with a heartattack at 40

garys reef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
When I quit I was smoking two packs a day what worked for me after cold turkey gum and patches was I would stop whatever i was doing at the top of the hour and enjoy a cigarette till it was done not just ganging out of my mourh while doing stuff went from two packs a day to less than one in a day did that for two weeks than went to one cig every two hours after a month I threw them away

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I've tried chantix , gum, cold turkey and the freaking e-cigs, none of them worked for me. I really have to quit, but I stress out, Alot! My dad died of lung cancer and liver cancer 5 years after he quit smoking and drinking. He was only 54. That's only 15 years older than I am now :(

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
I've tried chantix , gum, cold turkey and the freaking e-cigs, none of them worked for me. I really have to quit, but I stress out, Alot! My dad died of lung cancer and liver cancer 5 years after he quit smoking and drinking. He was only 54. That's only 15 years older than I am now :(

And your still smoking lol
My god you people are all crazy
And you say I am nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: