JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Closing on a house out of state at the end of August. Move will be 100% complete mid September. Anyway, here are some pics of the house. It's 6,400 square feet altogether- 4,000 of finished living space as well as a 2,400 square ft. unfinished basement. 4 bed 2 1/2 bath on 4 1/2 acres. House is on a private road that is only me and 1 other house on it. The address wont even come up on a GPS so were nice and secluded yet within 10 minutes of shopping and everything else you need from a neighborhood. When you stand outside on the property you dont hear any traffic or other noises other than birds and other sounds of nature. I'm movin mom up there with me so I can keep an eye on her since she has had a few falls in the last year and a half resulting in serious injuries. We also have 3 houses of family within 20 minutes of where I bought so if I'm not home one of the other households will have someone there and available to run over and help until I get home.

I'm just pretty psyched that I got a nice place that needs 0 updating or repairs to be move in ready for my first home purchase and was super happy to be able to get approved for the mortgage, thank goodness for VA loans:

null_zps1348bbbf.jpg

null_zps6b0afdb1.jpg

null_zps19bbeb5c.jpg

null_zpsff89e6a2.jpg

null_zps9b245159.jpg

null_zps3b90a43c.jpg

null_zps286e44eb.jpg

null_zpsdca29c41.jpg

null_zpsc420e1a5.jpg

null_zps4be21635.jpg

null_zps9b5b29de.jpg

null_zps5b6b7aeb.jpg

null_zpsb33743ba.jpg

null_zpsf9a4940e.jpg

null_zpsfff4488d.jpg

null_zps3080f358.jpg

null_zpsf9a113c8.jpg

null_zpsb97841a3.jpg

null_zpsab886a7a.jpg

null_zpse1774d59.jpg

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Omg those pups are gonna love it, enjoy!

I was watching house hunters on tv tonight and he was one of us eyeing up the houses for where his tanks could go.

Oh yeah they're gonna go nuts. The current owner had the entire 4 1/2 acres including under the driveway enclosed with the underground fence. I'm just going to have them come upgrade the transmitter, get new collars and after training is complete they'll have the whole property to run in. It would have cost me 30 grand to fence it all in. Saves me a but load of money.

The basement stays at the same temp 365 days a year the owner told me. Its between 65 and 70 degrees down there. It's going to be a nice place for a large tank. I'm not going to go too big, I don't ever want to not be able to afford the tank. I'm thinkin probably a 250-325 gallon display. I'll have to finish some of the basement first.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Thanks everyone. It's gonna seem like forever until the closing. After that its all the fun stuff. Moving my furniture in and then realizing I only had enough to get by in my 600sq. ft apartment to be lightly furnished. The place is gonna be empty looking for a little bit.

Edd the taxes are high but its because of the area its in. It's within 10 minutes from a bus line that goes to manhattan and jersey, within 15 minutes from east stroudsburg university, 10 minutes from pocono medical center and 15 minutes from the stroudsburg mall. People in the area have been successfully appealing their taxes and winning so i have the local guru coming to the house to do the assessment to see if hell be able to get them lowered for me. Well soon see. Even with the high taxes the principle and interest of the mortgage, taxes, utitlies and all will be very affordable. If we get the taxes lowered it'll be a crime, after all I stole the house basically. I won't say in the open how much i got it for but I have had people that I told literally say come on man seriously, what did you pay for it? Then I tell them again and they get pretty silent and scratch their head lol.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Thanks Matthew and skene.

We'll see Brendan. It is 2 hours from here. Most people on the for sale threads won't drive to the next zipcode for a great deal. I'd have to have frags mounted on 24K gold plugs for free in the DBTC section for some to have a reason to go that far lol.

Of course anyone that I'm friendly with on here will always be welcome to stop in.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: