M

Moneymaks24

Who seen Blackfish? The documentary about the cruel imprisonment of killer whales. What a sick world we live in, its embarrassing straight up and down!

FocusReefing

Just a podcaster from Queens
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I havent seen it. But ive always heard stories about seaworlds poor treament of animals that are not capable of living long term captivity. Theyre on like the 8th shamu. They dont live long in captivity. My wife refuses to patronize them. Along with the circus.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
They live upto 100 years but the point is the type of "life" they have. In a concrete pool in close proximity to whales that aren't supposed to be around them. The results are tragic as many ppl were killed by the same whale ( who still performs everyday at sea world). This is why I hate when kids buy sharks and keep em in a shoebox at home. Cruel and pathetic

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Not saying whether I agree or disagree but Blackfish is a very one sided documentary and much of its accuracy and portrayal is in question. Just like the mermaid documentary, don't believe everything you see on tv. At least without doing your own research and coming to your own conclusions.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I know u didn't just compare mermaids and whales Inevo. And It's not one sided u hear it from the guys who caught the wale, trained the wale and took care of it for 40 years. SeaWorld declined to be interviewed for the movie.. What a surprise $$$$$$$ hungry like the rest of humanity.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I know u didn't just compare mermaids and whales Inevo. And It's not one sided u hear it from the guys who caught the wale, trained the wale and took care of it for 40 years. SeaWorld declined to be interviewed for the movie.. What a surprise $$$$$$$ hungry like the rest of humanity.

Do some research on the matter outside of television. Yes they declined to be interviewed by the producers of the documentary. I did not compare this issue with mermaids, I compared the delivery of this information. The Blackfish documentary while pointing out a real issue also had a lot of questionable reporting and also some out and out lies. All I'm saying is before you believe it in whole, looking into some of the issues for yourself. There are two sides to this story and Blackfish is only one.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Name 1 lie in the documentary. And tell me if the most experienced trainer would of been eaten alive if the whale wasn't confined to a shoebox it's entire life. Those animals need thousands of miles of open ocean, what makes ppl think they can recreate that In a freaking pool is beyond me.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
There's not a single record of a person killed by a whale in the wild, while this 1 whale killed 4 ppl already in 40 years! Why? Coz he was stolen from his mother at a young age and caged in a concrete swimming pool like a prisoner on solitary confinement. For what? So some company can make $$$$$. Despicable

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Why don't you read some of the other side aspects on your own and stop being a trumpet. I agree with you that these creatures should be treated differently. Just not taking the stand that SeaWorld is evil without thoroughly understanding both sides of the story. If you don't do that, you might as well believe mermaids exist from the other "documentary."

http://marinemammaltrainer.com/the-truth-behind-blackfish/

http://www.legalrollercoaster.com/2013/11/blackfish-white-lies-prologue.html

http://micechat.com/54370-blackfish-backlash

Last edited:

JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I saw this Saturday night and man I feel bad for these animals.. I don't agree with holding any animal up but it goes for the same as our fishtanks. If fish could kill they would of killed us,LOL
Seaworld will not stop this show due to the $$$ they bring in..
like other said dont beleive everything that you see on TV but it does sure make you think...

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Inevo your links don't work and besides what other side of the story? There's no other side there's the side that tried to expose the truth and there's the side tht hires lawyers to not get in trouble. Well never know why the whale killed that woman but point is she would be alive if it wasn't for sea world and that whale would be with its family if it wasn't for sea world so what side dude please tell me?

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Sorry...i forgot to put www in the second link. First link works fine. Your assuming that everything you saw was the full truth. Every story has three sides. It was an advocacy piece that was masked as journalism and you've taken it as 100% fact. If you want to be up in arms thats ok...its a valid issue that you should be concerned about. Thats all I have to say. Thanks for pointing out the bad link.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Did they not kidnap the baby whale?
Did he not kill 4 ppl?
Is he not housed in a shoebox his entire life?
And if it wasn't for this movie No side would ever be heard except for the SeAWorld lawyers side. And we all know what lawyers are ful of

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
U make no sense what other side?!

Many of the assertions made in the movie are just "movie magic" its all a con to show you the message you want to hear. The movie was made and presented as journalism, but it's not real journalism. There is nothing objective in the film. It was made to produce an emotional response. Clearly they succeeded

I'm not here to defend sea world, but do the research if you want to stand on a soap box. There is a lot of good that SeaWorld does and a responsibility they have to protect the animals currently in their care. If you want to attack them, thats fine...just don't let this movie be the sole message you have.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: