d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
Not here too

People that keep fish tanks full of non farm raised fish have no right to criticize Seaworld.

How many fish have died in your possession that were once living in reefs or corals

Seaworld had its most profitable year recently, ppl want to see whales despite the documentary

Diego

evolution21

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
I gotta say this shoe box you keep talking about is a pretty big shoe box yea I know it's not an ocean, but it is deep enough to where you can no longer see the whale at all from the stands when it dives.....I went as a kid on a field trip. They also rescue all types of wildlife and release them back into the wild. I'm thinking like this, if the whale was whale napped as a baby then it doesn't know what it's missing. If it takes 1 whale to raise enough funds to do the good that they do then I say so be it. That's like saying 1 human life is not worth it to save thousands. And I'm not sure if you ever seen the way Killer whales hunt, they are kind of evil themselves the way they mess with and torture the animals they eat. Plus like D5 332 said....The fact that you keep a fish tank with fish from the ocean makes you no better then sea world. I know I'm not. Pretty sure I've killed more fish than they have whales...

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I haven't seen this "documentary" but if it is sensational journalism then I really would be upset to waste my time watching it. I hate when I end up seeing crap like that. Even if they are making a good point, I much rather make up my own mind and draw my own conclusions.

With that said, I go to Florida quite frequently, about 6 times a year, and each time I go, I visit SeaWorld, I get the yearly pass. Its my favorite park to go to. They do a lot of good. I'm not saying that they don't do bad, but for me, the experience is something that I enjoy each time. And I'm planning to take my kid when he gets older. Oh, and I'm also planning to take him to the zoo as well. Arguably another evil place.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Evolution to compare keeping a dumb fish like a goby or a tang in a home aquarium to a sophisticated animal like a whale makes no sense first of all. And one can easily provide adequate room for most hobby fish.

And to te other guy: the whale was taken at the age of 4 so he did have time to experience thousands miles of open ocean before being imprisoned for profit.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I saw Blackfish...and as much as the movie moved me, I always got the feeling that it was promoting an agenda, particularly from the trainers interviewed. I'm glad I read Inevo's links, especially the last one. It was very informative. That being said, I do not believe killer whales should be kept in captivity, under the conditions we have now. Maybe in huge open ocean pens, but so much for customers viewing them close up. But like it or not, these whales must remain where they are. We can be sentimental and think they should be released to be free, but the fact is that after years, decades, in captivity, they will no longer be able to function in the wild, not be accepted by wild whale pods. I think that further whales should not be added, but these whales, like it or not, are best remaining where they are.

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0

jdino

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But I saw another documentary about a whale and they were able to set him free back into the wild. I remember his name was Willy and he jumped right over the bad people back into the ocean where he lived happy forever!

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
I hope next time i go to Disney a documentary is put out about something in the magic kingdom....id like to avoid the lines. Its ok to have your point of view on the topic but what's the point in getting worked up about it. People protest the circus outside met life stadium every year, some go and don't care others avoid it bc of the cruel and unusual treatment of the animals in the show either way its personal choice. I think keeping tang in a 20g tank is bogus but i don't get upset bc people will do what they like, for whatever personal reasons they may have

jdino

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See here is proof it's true.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 126

evolution21

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Oh wow is that whale jumping over money maks.....ok makes sense now why he's all worked up and thinks keeping a goby or tang in a 75g is completely different then keeping a whale in a 3 million gallon tank....oh but wait that's right the whale is sophisticated...but I guess using the same logic a guy who is rich and more "sophisticated" than I, should have more rights and his life should be worth more......I guess I should just end my life now......I love this thread by the way

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Don't get me started on the circus. But I Bet u wouldn't b making corny jokes if that dead woman was your relative. U kids r missing the point of the movie. Free willy that's funny though

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Would u let your kids play with a pit bull that killed 3 people? Would u breed that pit bull? Well that's what SeaWorld did, knowingly! They had a violent whale ( violent because of them) and they continued to let trainers ( someone's kids) go near them. With fatal results. Oh and bred that whale so thousands more whales would have his violent traits to put more ppl at risk. For what? For $$$$$$$$$$

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: