Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I am working on 3 projects at once, which is a mistake. I have two lamps and a SteamPunk Airship that I am kind of excited about because I never built one before.
That phone box with the brass bells will be a lamp. I ordered the ear piece and when you lift the ear piece, the light will come on. The crank on the right will dim it. I have not decided what to do with the other vintage box yet.

Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Paul, I wish you lived closer. I have no doubt that you are someone that I would like to hang with on a regular basis!!

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I built a new Steam Punk Lamp. This one is a floor lamp. My Daughter gave me this for Christmas because she knows I like to build things It's an Autoclave from the turn of the century so dentists can sterilize things. It was all tarnished and rusty.

Now it is re purposed and has flame lamps in it so it looks like there is a fire in the base.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Today I am designing another Steam Punk Project. Still in the very early stages. The bottom part is a 1910 or so Broadway light housing, I am not sure what the middle part is but it is some sort of timing device with all brass gears.

The top is from the Railroad in the 60s. It has some huge relays in it.

I have some bicycle chain and sprockets that may go on it and it will have a lot of lighting and movement.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I had to go to the gallery to take a picture of this because I realized i didn't have a finished picture. I added a fan with streamers so you can see it is running and some more copper tubes with lights.

Two people who came to the gallery seem to want it so there is a bit of a price war going on.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: